Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VOppER Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 08:56 PM
    Probation Violation Florida
    Can probation be transferred within the state if there is an open violation report pending? I am thinking of bonding the young man out, however I am moving about 7 hours away and he will not have a place to stay pending the violation hearing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2009, 09:00 PM

Only if the PO will allow it, but it would have to be oked and he will have to report to his current PO until it can be arranged.

Also if he has been violated for probatoin violation, normally they can't bond out until that hearing
    VOppER Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 10:31 PM

Also if he has been violated for probatoin violation, normally they can't bond out until that hearing

**He was bonded out on a VOP (Feb), was put on case mgmt status I'm assuming pending the outcome of the appeal, then got re-arrested (May) and now has a bond for this VOP with a new law violation (Which he pled guilty to a felony a week ago)... A VOP hearing was never conducted from the first time he bonded out, in Feb. This really is his last chance and if they allow him to re-instate his probation and he fails again he is on his own and I hope they throw the book at him.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2009, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by VOppER View Post
    Can probation be transferred within the state
    Hello V:

It really depends on the rules for that department... However, in the state that I live in, a probationer can move, WITHOUT PERMISSION, anywhere within the jurisdiction of the probation department, which is the entire state... Whether one had a pending violation wouldn't change that.

I had a great probation officer before I moved a couple city's away. Then I got a real jerk. So, instead of complaining about him, I moved again.

Could you call that probation officer shopping?? I guess you could.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of traffic Probation while on unsupervised crimal probation [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was sentenced 3 yrs unsupervised probation for 2nd degree assault. He already had a case pending for traffic. He hit a car bumper. Was sentenced to supervised probation and to pay fines for damages of 1,000 dollars. We haven't paid the fine yet, we will at tax time we just haven't had...

Violation of Misdemeanor Probation (Florida) [ 8 Answers ]

All right, I am located in Indian River county in Florida and I recently violated my probation (VOP) for a positive urine test. I had been arrested for misdemeanor possession of Marijuana and on my test I came up positive for marijuana when my level was at 55 ng/ml which is pretty slight...

Violation of probation in pinellas county, Florida [ 1 Answers ]

violated probation with a dirty urine. Serving 10 year term and have done 1 1/2 years of this probation with no problems. The 10 years probation was part of a split sentence. I served 14 of a 20 year prison term and had the 10 years paper to follow. What are the chances of being sent back to...

Violation of probation in Florida [ 3 Answers ]

In the state of Florida if you violate probation with no terms except for restitution and the probation is reinstated how long do you have before you have to give a ua that is clean? Can they re violate you 4 days after reinstatement for a dirty one?

Ct to Florida probation transfer [ 9 Answers ]

My probation officer put in the paper work for a ct to fla probation transfer. My mother and step father had a roll over accident and they aren't able to do much. He is having more surgery in January and my mother can't care for her self, let alone her 80 year old husband. It was put through as a...

View more questions Search