Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dougandpeggy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 08:14 PM
    Ear mites
    We took our kitten to the vet this morning to be treated for ear mites.
    She is having a rough night. My husband said she got a lot of shots while there.
    The vet also had to sedate her somewhat because the ear mites were so bad.
    She is still lying around, I mean she is alert. But she has no energy. Is this normal?
    We are new cat owners. We have always had dogs inside (still do), but these were left with
    Out a momma at 1week. So we rescued them and raised them. So we are still in the
    Learning process. I just need some information. In case I need to make an emergency call to
    Vet
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2009, 01:08 AM

Were the shots just vaccinations?

It's possible she could have less energy either from that or from sedation. I think I would not worry about it unless she continues like that.
    0214Yumi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 05:53 AM

Aye I have to deal ear mites too. Not to worry ear mites are treatable but it'll take a while for all the ear mites to go away kind of like lice or fleas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure in left ear drum [ 2 Answers ]

Well recently I've been feeling some pressure in my left ear drum. Every once in a while I feel like there is water in my ear. I can't get it out, I think it's behind my ear drum. I'm just not sure what it is. I don't feel any pain, it's just weird. Do you think it's the beginning of an infection?

Ear mites [ 1 Answers ]

HI, my name is Moriah. I have tried many ways to get rid of my dogs earmites, I have tried everything from perscriptions to home remedies and unfortunantly I'm having no luck.

Ear Mites [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is a miniature chihuahua, and I think she could have EAR mITES!! I'm not sure though, but how can I tell if she has them or not? Is it dangerouse for her? The apointment to the vet isn't till Friday, and I'm really worried for her and I want to know if she's going to be okay in the...

Ear Mites [ 4 Answers ]

I guess my cat has had ear mites (a brownish ear build up) for a little bit now and it didnt look too bad but I started giving her drops last week for it and it almost seems grosser. Is that it being all cleared out or should I clean her ears? Does it get worse before getting better?

Ear mites [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Our lab is itching his left ear quite a bit and shakes his head. There is a slight odor and there is debris in both ears. I called the vet and she said that it could be ear mites. How can we check for this? Is there anything that we could do for him from home or should we take him to the...

View more questions Search