Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissGignac Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Nov 19, 2009, 07:37 PM
    Bipolar,What career is right for me?
    Im bipolar and keeping a job is hard. Sometimes I just emotionaly can't handle being at work, some boss' understand, others don't. My question is what are some careers that fit who I am? Stress free jobs I would think, but any advice will help. :confused:
    Please don't say "just do what makes you happy" I'm looking for a list of careers or any suggestions thank you
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2009, 07:54 PM

I know of almost none, unless you work for yourself. Bosses and places of work will expect you to show up at work. And a boss today may not be the boss tomorrow.

And stress, what is stress to some is not to others.

Have you seen a doctor for medication that may allow you to work a regular work schedule ?
    pie_eyes420 Posts: 12, Reputation: -6

Jan 6, 2010, 02:33 PM

Have you been diagnosed? If you haven't, then you aren't bipolar. If you have, then my advice would be to work on your mental capabilities... instead of avoiding things that make you uncomfortable. (such as jobs)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pie_eyes420 View Post
    Have you been diagnosed? If you havent, then you aren't bipolar. If you have, then my advice would be to work on your mental capabilities... instead of avoiding things that make you uncomfortable. (such as jobs)

Out of reddies for this person - so only people who have been diagnosed bipolar actually are bipolar? Up until the diagnosis you are something else?

That's like saying you don't have chicken pox unless/until someone tells you that you do.

Fascinating - although not surprising from this person.
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Jan 22, 2010, 01:36 PM

What skills do you have? A lot would depend on what your education level is, what experience you have, and what your skills are.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 01:46 PM

Just so everyone is aware: pie_eyes reopened a thread from November 2009. The OP hasn't returned since December 2009.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 02:58 PM

You might want to pursue some type of career such as a medical transcriptionist where you can work at home and bring your completed work to the doctor's office. You do need some training for this but any medical transcriptionist I've known did very well financially and was happy to work from home. You will need some transcriptionist equipment to transcribe the doctor's verbal notes. Not that much to invest for a new career.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    Just so everyone is aware: pie_eyes reopened a thread from November 2009. The OP hasn't returned since December 2009.

I don't like your signature and I know you're talking about me. :D
    EtobicokeParent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2011, 12:06 PM
    TDSB elementary school teachers. More than 1 in 4 are bipolar.
    pattybloom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2011, 12:42 PM

If you are medicated correctly and do something that you are good at and know a lot about you can be very successful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bipolar? If not tell me how I can fix everything [ 7 Answers ]

I've never posted on this site before but I've got nothing to lose, so here goes... I'm almost positive I'm bipolar. I can go from basically being naturally high (thinking I can do anything, completley happy, not afraid of anything) to insanley depressed (huddled in a corner, the only thing I...

Bipolar I and Bipolar II [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering what the difference is between being bipolar I and bipolar II? Does a Chemical Imbalance have anything to do with being bipolar as well?

I believe I'm bipolar [ 2 Answers ]

I don't believe I am bi-polar or anything like that but I the same feel as if I can't control my feelings as if there is something controlling me, I've been with my girlfreind nearly two years, and well ever since last xmas something happened it may have even been before that before we got together...

Is he bipolar? [ 3 Answers ]

I think my boyfriend is bipolar. He has some of the symptoms like sometimes he tells me that he feels better than everyone else. Sometimes when I talk to him he feels depressed and low and then the next minuet he's happy and hyper. He also told me that he has "racing thoughts" and finds it hard to...

Could I be bipolar? [ 4 Answers ]

I know that I suffer from more than one type of depression. I've been like this my whole life and it only gets worse with age. I have lots of depression symptom, I've taking antidepressants. But lately little things have seem to stress me out so much more. I have lots of mood swings several times...

View more questions Search