Ask
    rdarden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2006, 09:43 AM
    Blood thicker than water?
    Is blood actually thicker than water?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2006, 10:40 AM
    I can't find a fact that shows the "density" of blood, but do know that it does not float in water... so since it is heavier than water, I think we can say, also, that it's "thicker".

I'll be curious myself - to see if it is true by a measurement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Blood Donation [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to know if every pint of blood is tested when you donate blood. Thanks

When to take a blood test [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all. I am a 25 yr old woman. I think that I could be pregnant but every home test I have taken says negative. I have taken them early but I have been pregnant before so I kind of know by my symptoms that I am pregnant. How soon do you think that I can get a blood test done? Should I wait until I...

Blood disorder [ 2 Answers ]

I was diagnoised last year with "drug induced TTP" a month later I was in the hospital with a blood clot. I have been getting my PT INR blook test every 6 weeks but the results are going to my primary doctor. Does anyone know what kind of doctor I would be best have following my case?

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

Spitting Blood [ 0 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I I live in Japan and she has a problem that has persisted despite thorough medical exams here and in her home country. In the morning she spits small spots of coagulated blood, usually about the size of a pin head, sometimes a little larger, but not in any great volume. She has...

View more questions Search