mrsmoondog Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2009, 09:15 PM

Thank you hvac10000.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2009, 05:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoondog View Post
    Thank you hvac10000.
    Congratulations on the promotion, hvac10,000! After 2 1/2 years, I haven't even made it to KC14. :p
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 21, 2009, 06:58 AM
    AWW it was nothing.

Nov 21, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Oops lol
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2009, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmoondog View Post
    Oops lol
    We all are. :D

Nov 21, 2009, 03:50 PM

Oh, forgot to say that Daniel returned this morning, bumped up the gas pressure a little more, and the furnace was been working fine since. (Knocking on wood here, hard! Lol)

He wants me to call him in the next day or so and let him know how it is doing; I'll try and remember to ask him what he set the pressure to.

I see lots of other Goodman furnaces doing the same thing ours was; I hope that this simple but hard-won solution works for them, too.

Thanks again, all!

Nov 23, 2009, 02:02 PM

Just got off the phone with Daniel, he said to tell you all that he set the pressure to 3.5 in the water column (w/c).
    I hope this helps someone else!

And again, thank you all for your time and efforts to help me solve this. You guys are The Bomb!
    mrsmoondog
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 23, 2009, 03:44 PM
    3.5 wc is a standard setting for natural gas. Hope your problem is solved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 hour lockout - What next? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Rheem Criterion II gas furnace. The unit starts and runs okay most of the time. However it will stop occasionally and will go into 1-hour lockout mode (based on light codes) . What is causing unit to work properly sometimes and not others? I have checked the orange flame light. It...

Furnace lockout [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bryant furnace model 394GAZ036100. The problem I am having is intermitant. Furnace will run fine sometimes 6-8 hr, cycles OK and then doesn't start up on calling for heat. If I shut of power and turn it back on it will start and cycle OK. Never has messed up while I am sitting there...

Gas furnace lockout [ 1 Answers ]

My gas furnace will light, but then the flame goes away within a few seconds. It does this several times and then the LED light blinks six times which the sticker on the furnace indicates means a system lockout. What can I do to repair this?

Boiler on lockout [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a worcester 9/14cbi boiler. It has been in place for 5 years, but has been playing up for 2 years so far. Things have got progressively worse, and now it is pretty much constantly on lockout. In the last 2 weeks I have had a new pump, new circuit board, new sensor leads and the whole...

Tenant Lockout [ 1 Answers ]

I'm renting weekly for a commercial space in VA. I have a signed lease. What are my rights regarding the landlord locking me out of the space? I would like to know if the "wrongful eviction/lockout" is worth pursuing? My payments were behind by 4 weeks, but I never paid weekly from the start; I...

View more questions Search