Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esmuk01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 06:11 PM
    How Should I get over this breakup?
    Hello,
    Well this is the 2nd day I've been using this site. I feel like this site is helping me through. Well I want to post something for the first time, please read, and comment, I seriously need help with this.

Okay, well my ex boyfriend and I have been dating for 17 months. We fought somewhat a lot, but we had a lot of good times to make up for it. He lived with me when we were in our relationship for 3 months. Recently, we've been fighting a lot, but I thought everything was okay. So about 2 weeks, he went to his moms because of a fight. I called him the next day, crying and asking him to come over. He said he was sorry for the fight but didn't feel like coming over because he had work really early the next day. All of a sudden, he turned his phone off for no reason. I called him, and left voice mails, but his phone was still off. I went there the next day to see what's up, as soon as I got there, he asked why I was there, so I left right after that, walked off crying actually. So a few days later his friend came to get some of his things. Than, that night I called him, but he had changed his number. So, I left him alone for the weekend. I wrote him a very long email, but he has not read it yet. So, that Monday, his friend asked to come get the rest of his clothes, so I pretty much broke down, didn't even know what was happening anymore. So, I did something stupid, I went back to his moms, but he wasn't there, he went to the mall with his friend. So, I went home crying, making the same mistake that I did. So, now I haven't talked to him, since the night he turned his phone off. So, how should I get over this, and how do I get him back without calling him, because a lot of people told me to not call him at all. I really want this to work, I want to get him back, I can't even describe the pain that I have been in these past two weeks. So please comment, help me through this, and give tips on what I should do to get him back, and how to feel better through this break up. Thanks so much guys, please comment! Emily
    itried Posts: 249, Reputation: 108

Nov 19, 2009, 06:57 PM

There's really only one way to get over a breakup, and that is to avoid each other while your emotions settle down somewhat. When a breakup is fresh and the wounds are newly opened we can do things that can be out of character. When we do these things we end up pushing the other person away farther than we can imagine.

What's important for you to know is that EVERYONE thinks these crazy thoughts after a breakup, but the important thing is that we try our hardest to NOT act on them. The best thing, and I'm sure everyone will agree with me, is to avoid all contact until you can sort your head out (him as well). Take time to work on yourself, see the world and the relationship through new eyes and take it day by day.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 22, 2009, 09:42 AM

Its tough to get dumped for any reason. But take the hint as he wants nothing to do with you and stop trying to get him back.

Please read the stickies at the beginning of this forum, to learn what to do to get through this situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sad day!-breakup [ 4 Answers ]

My old boyfriend and I broke up about 2 months ago. It was for a pretty stupid reason and lots of miscommunications were made. I saw him a month later told him the way he treated me wasn't right and now we don't talk at all. I miss him terribly now. What do I do?

What to do to get over a breakup [ 3 Answers ]

I just recently had a breakup and I was wondering what are something's to help me get over her. Any advice would be great Thanks

Getting Over a Breakup [ 4 Answers ]

What are some ways to get over a breakup? And things to do?

Not sure if I'm doing the right think with breakup [ 115 Answers ]

OK here's my story and I no its going to make me sound like a big wusss but I just want to be honest with myself from now on. I am 28 and my girlfriend I guess ex now is 22 we have been dating for 2yrs months we have out normal difference and arguments we are pretty different her mother makes...

Considering a breakup [ 1 Answers ]

My partner and I have been together for close to two years. We currently live together and have been for just over a year. I am at a crossroads and need some guidance. The bottom line is that I don't feel like I am in love with him anymore, and I am not sure I can get the feeling I had back. I...

View more questions Search