Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandrinette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 01:35 PM
    50th birthday
    What is the correct etiquette way to request quest to bring gifts to the 50th birthday party?:)
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 19, 2009, 01:40 PM

There IS no correct etiquette to ask for gifts.

Ever.

If guests ASK, you can answer, but it is NEVER correct etiquette to solicit for gifts.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Nov 19, 2009, 03:46 PM
    You may register gifts at a store and note that on the invitation, just like a wedding or a baby shower, or you may ask that gifts be limited in value on the invitation. You may not make a gift the price of admission.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 07:28 PM

There is no correct way to ask for gifts. Those who want to give them will. Registries are for new babies (typically only a first baby for the parents) and first marriages. Anything beyond that is excessive and greedy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

50th Birthday Party Ideas. [ 12 Answers ]

Yes, I am planning a 50th Birthday bash for my mother. I just need some very neat and original ideas on how to go about doing it. Her birthday is on st.patty's day. Any ideas would be appreciated

Forgotten 50th Birthday [ 4 Answers ]

My wife(46) and I(50) have been married for 24 years and have two teenage children. She is a very ambitious woman who is a high school assistant principal and attends graduate school one night a week and Saturdays. To say she is busy is an understatement. I've been very supportive of her...

50th birthday party? [ 1 Answers ]

How do you ask guest to bring gifts to a 50th birthday party?

Unique 50th Birthday Party Ideas For My Dad [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I am looking for unique ideas for a 50th birthday party for my dad. I would like to do something different, special for him. Does anyone have a unique idea? Thank you!

50th anniversary [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with ideas for a funny saying or something different or cute for the tee shirts and caps I am making up for 20 people. Thank you if you can think of something.

View more questions Search