Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    busygal Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Connect cable to computer
    I have windows xp media center edition I would like to connect it to my local cable so I can watch it on my PC how can I do that:confused: thank you busygal
    Xapafe Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Jan 15, 2010, 04:08 PM

Of all the computer work I've done I haven't worked with WMC too much..

I'm guessing that you lack the TV Tuner card required.

I suggest going on tigerdirect.com or newegg.com and finding a nice affordable one! :)

If you DO have a tuner card, try to find the make and model number of it and Ill look into the details and walk you through it! :)
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2010, 08:00 PM

If it was all pre-built and packaged together, you should be able to connect a cable line to the back of the computer tower.

Next you will want to open Windows Media Center and it should take you through the initial setup for you if it is your first time opening it.

See this article for more assistance: Set up a TV signal in Windows Media Center

Here's more info if you desire to learn more about tuners for PCs: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...-and-TV-tuners

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect LCD TV, DVD/VCR and Cable [ 2 Answers ]

I have Direct TV box and would like to connect a Sharp LC20S2U LCD TV and a JVC HR-XVC37U DVD/VCR. I want to be able to watch TV while the VCR is recording another station. I also have a separate outdoor Antenna that gets very good reception for local stations. I would like to be able to use that...

How to connect TV, VCR and DVD and Cable [ 2 Answers ]

I can't get my DVD player to work with my VCR. I have the Cable running into the TV (works fine) and the VCR hooked up to the TV with Coax, and the DVD player connected to the VCR with the R/W/Y cables. But the DVD player won't play.

Connect with ethernet cable [ 4 Answers ]

How do I connect two laptops both running XP with an ethernet cable?

Connect dvd to cable TV [ 1 Answers ]

Hi How I connect dvd to cable TV . I have old TV . Please, shoe me in chart. Thanks, mile

View more questions Search