Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 25, 2009, 09:51 AM

However, we aren't that concerned with the name of the bank, but we are concerned with WHY you want to sue them. If you explain the circumstances, it may be that they are not the ones you want to sue.

Also for any bank to do business within the state, they must be registered with the State Banking authority.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2009, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by idunnoo View Post
    There are many banks with the same name--the one in Loup City is a state bank. Most every state from my research as a bank with that name. We will use a bank here in my state for an example. The bank is First National Do a google search and you will get many First National's around the country. Same with this bank--type in the name and there is the one National one. (they even have a Arena named after them if you watch sports. You know--most Arena "branding' is from pretty sizable corporations. Anyway type the name and you get that same name in most every state and those small ones are individual banks with Charters from the particular state they are in. The bank I am dealing with is a national association bank--only regulator for that is OCC.

This is from freeadvice.com
    " Who regulates banks?

Banks are subject to regulation by 3 separate Federal agencies and/or state bank regulators.

Federal Agencies:

The Comptroller of the Currency charters "national banks"

The Federal Reserve Board, and

The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

State Regulators:

In each state there is a department of State Government – frequently called the Banking Commission or Department of Banking and Finance -- managed by an official called the Commissioner or Director or Superintendent of Banks that regulates "state chartered" banks."

So the one in loup city as same same but it is not the name with NA after it, hence different bank totally.

Again - WHY are you suing? What are your grounds?
    idunnoo Posts: 13, Reputation: -1

Nov 26, 2009, 05:12 AM

Judy--for one--the process should have taken no more than two weeks so for one--I want my interest back.
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2009, 07:52 AM
    Judy--for one--the process should have taken no more than two weeks so for one--I want my interest back.

Who said it should take two weeks?

Nov 26, 2009, 07:59 AM
    One more time, what are you suing about? What happened? Also what state are you in?

Nov 26, 2009, 08:03 AM
    Should it take more? I mean 48 hours tops for payoff--48 hours tops for guarantee form. The ins ajduster said usually handled in no more than two weeks. If I get a new car loan--you can guarantee it will be local. To be honest wish mortgages could stay local without them selling those. My Credit card is local. Just easier that way. You can walk in. I have never been treated as bad as I was by Citizens. It is beyond shameful.
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2009, 08:09 AM

Here is what I found - RBS owns Citizens and does business in Nebraska as RBS Worldwide.

Have you searched that name?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 26, 2009, 08:09 AM
    >Thread Closed<
    The OP clearly doesn't want any advice and has refused to answer even the most basic of questions.

Nov 26, 2009, 09:31 AM
    Should it take more? I mean 48 hours tops for payoff--48 hours tops for guarantee form. The ins ajduster said usually handled in no more than two weeks. If I get a new car loan--you can guarantee it will be local. To be honest wish mortgages could stay local without them selling those. My Credit card is local. Just easier that way. You can walk in. I have never been treated as bad as I was by Citizens. It is beyond shameful.
    I'm going to give this one more try. How do you expect us to tell you how long something should take if we have NO clue what the situation is. You have been asked several times to explain the situation amd have ignored those requests. If your next response does not include a full explanation I will assume you don't really want help and close this thread permanently.

Nov 26, 2009, 09:49 AM
    First, Judy thank you for the info. May I ask where you got it as that info was the first new info to me. I did go to the Secretary of State site again and typed it in but all I got was RBS Worldpay. Not worldwide. Where might I get more information on what you suggested? Where did you find what you found?

Scottgem--I don't know what you are asking. You said that no have no clue of the situation. Here is a copy from a earlier post where I explained the situation. What are you saying I didn't explain? The advice given, I have tried all that. So for Curleyben to say I haven't answered basic questions, well I need to know what I didn't answer. Give me some specific questions that were not answered. Curlyben is stating I don't want any advice. Again--what advice was given to me that I did not respond--I did that already? Saying I have already done that is not saying that I don't want advice--it is saying I did it to no avail already.

So from this whole thread advise:
    A) what advice don't I want that I haven't already said I have tried?
    B) what question have I not answered?

"
    Yesterday, 07:09 AM #12
    idunnoo

am I allowed to say name of corporation/bank? Where would I find cert of incorporation. Looked on Deleware site--as I said state where bank is located said it is a NA bank so they don't have info. My state doesn't. All seems odd to me that such info in America would be soo hard to find.

What to sue--well banking on if I get to legal they just call and settle versus pursue.

here is scenario. I was totaled out on 1004. On 1008 ins called to settle on car. Bank would not provide payoff. Once they did via OCC the ins said they needed a guarantee of title form required by my state, Bank would not provide that---OCC stopped responding to me request for assistance. Had to have cousins husband who is a work comp atty call with Atty after his name(he did strictly as favor) and on 1104 new payoff and guarantee form were "gotten to ins company" Now before this say i am taking the bus as my car is in salvage lot, interest is accruing, I can't get a new car as I need the spread between payoff and ins settlement amount to put down on new car. So on Nov 4 thought we were done as ins gave bank their portion and a separate check for my portion.

Then I got to thinking on the 15th that I'd better call as payment was due--so see standing I was advised by bank "We got the payoff check o 11-12 but it takes us a month to process so you need to make nov's payment.

I have never heard anything so insane! They have the car payoff and I am to make a payment. A) how would I get the payment back(as it would be overpayment) knowing this bank? B)Knowing them--i would be told same scenario in Dec and Jan etc. We haven't processed yet--make payment. C) If I didn't make payment as my people said then it would be computer generated to Credit Report and that would be hell.

So on 16th again the US Senator stepped in and apparently the payment is posted and I am done. I did go online and printed out my zero bal but still waiting for official 'letterhead" from OCC or Bank I am done.

I have never experienced such hell.

The insurance adjuster said he has done this for 15 years and never encountered such a difficult bank as well."
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2009, 10:17 AM
    First, Judy thank you for the info. May I ask where you got it as that info was the first new info to me. I did go to the Secretary of State site again and typed it in but all I got was RBS Worldpay. Not worldwide. Where might I get more information on what you suggested? Where did you find what you found? "

It is probably available on line. I got it from a private source.

Nov 26, 2009, 10:35 AM
    Judy--I ponder why NE sec of state and Banking doesn't seem to have that info you got. Not to mention the OCC. Humm.

This whole thing--I know it is just a few days interest in addition to the whole hassle, but I go with my gut. This just shouldn't have happened--they should have been cooperable. And what if I didn't have a distant cousin to make a call with Atty after the name--I bet I would still be waiting for the payoff and guarantee form. I wish I could have a organization that "railroaded" companies into doing good and being ethical, and good customer service. I mean I saw on CNN, that one couldn't get financing because "they were dead" and somehow due to the credit bureaus and the FICO couldn't get financing. I mean my case isn't that. Could only imagine. It took forever for them to get that fixed with whatever organization messed that up.

Maybe my expectations are too high with corporate America. I just figure, they have more money than I do and resources so make it right for the littler guy.

And the OCC--first it was that they wouldn't send payoff. OCC was like--"we have a 60 day process" I am like great--I need this handled now. Then with each new thing the bank put up as hurdle, the occ was like "well that is another 60 day process for this matter." What good are they then?

I am not new to claims. My dad was a ins broker. In addition, I had a tree land in my house so that was a long process. I was lucky to have had the insurance company I did--no problems whatsoever. In addtion--I dealt with the Countrywide in transition to Bank of American on that regarding my mortgage as the monies were made out to me and the mortgage holder. It gets disbursed in sections. You know--I didn't have one problem. Just called and within two weeks the next disbursement came.

This is why I am so shellshocked by the hassle with Citizens over a measly car note where they were owed only 7 thousand.

You did ask before who said it should take only two weeks. In addition to my adjuster(who treated me so well and was patient with this whole aggravation with the bank) who said "this is no more than a two week process" I called other insurance company adjusters and put the scenario to them as well. I got the same reply. "should take no more than two weeks." One said "too bad you don't have a local bank as when push comes to shove, I have said--"OK wel will just toe the car to the bank Presidents parking slot" LOL.

Have a nice holiday--I am out for the afternoon.
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 10:39 AM

If you are suing to right a social wrong or "save" society you are making a mistake.

If you are suing for fraud or misrepresentation or financial loss, go for it!

I have no idea why the info I posted is not general knowledge BUT I got it from a private source.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 10:48 AM
    This whole thing--I know it is just a few days interest in addition to the whole hassle, but I go with my gut.

I am out for the afternoon.
    Hello again, Judy:

She's going through all this because of interest that probably doesn't amount to $9, that she perceives she's due over a claim that somebody told her SHOULD have been resolved in two weeks, but took longer.

Not only is she out for the afternoon...

excon

PS> CB was RIGHT!
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2009, 10:52 AM

Excon, out of greenies but... 10 out of 10.

And, yes, I think everything that can be said has been said.

I've never known Small Claims Court to "cure" social injustice but, hey, as I'm constantly reminded, what do I know - ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My bank account got red flag I need my money who can I call for the bank to relase it [ 6 Answers ]

I have a over sea investment account that I have had for many years now. I am in some financial problem and need to liquidate that account. It a very large some of money. I got the account wire transfer to my bank account. I knew the bank would red flag it because of the large amount but now it...

Bank garnishment, can I cash a check at my bank or will they keep it? [ 6 Answers ]

Are banks linked or does the garnishment have to be sent to all banks? I have a debt and they haven't frozen my account but about once a month they do a garnishment and drain my account. My questions: Can I just cash a check at my bank or will they keep it? If I take my check to a...

Need approx 97,000 to payoff bank note @ 145,00 bank will forgive the rest, any ideas [ 4 Answers ]

Who do we turn to? Anyone willing to invest in us?? Grants or loans we don't know??

Can a bank draft be cancelled by a bank if the purchaser is in default on a loan? [ 1 Answers ]

I had recently purchased a bank draft from a bank to which I owe a large sum of money. I'am overdue on the minimum payment and the bank has started to make noises about taking legal action. Due to some reason the recipient has not deposited the bank draft yet. Can the bank legally cancel the...

View more questions Search