Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cfobooks Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 07:40 PM
    Labor Dept
    I closed a company two years ago and the dept of labor served me papers. What do I do and what can I expect?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 07:51 PM

You are expected to answer the request on the papers, and/or appear at the hearing.

Just closing the company does not mean you are not liable for it. ( esp if it was solely owned.) But it will differ if this was a corporation.

And of course you will still have all of your company records to produce
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 19, 2009, 10:53 AM
    Note that this is REALLY a legal queston best posted and answered in the LAW Forum.
    daneyp71 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 10:36 AM

Need a copy of my w2
    daneyp71 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by daneyp71 View Post
    need a copy of my w2
    How do I print a copy of my w2 from dept of labor
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 21, 2010, 11:40 AM
    The fact that you cited the Department of Labor shows you want Form 1099-G to document your unemployment compensation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre labor/False labor [ 4 Answers ]

Ok odd question. How long can pre labor last? I have been having contractions since Sunday and they don't get any closer and/or change in intesity. I was just wondering since even with two previous births I have never before experienced this. I don't even know if it is pre labor or not. I just...

What to do with my dept [ 2 Answers ]

Okay we are newly married going into my 3rd year of marriage, everything is going well except for are dept we both had dept before going into are marriage, but it's really starting to cetch up with us I owe a student loan it's about 6,500 and it's in collection we can not make any payments on it...

Old dept 10 years ago? [ 5 Answers ]

A lawyers office called my cell phone 4/30/08 @ 7pm and said that I had an old dept to pay, I callled them back on 4/01/08 @ 12 noon and asked what this was in regards to, they proceed to tell me that I owed HSBC bank 5,000.00 back in 1998 is there a statue of limitations on this? This is the...

S.C. Dept. Of Revenue [ 1 Answers ]

I received a response to my question from Atlanta concerning taxes I owe from 2006 approx. $4000. I had written requesting a payment plan but never received an answer now where I worked received a levy to garnish my wages. I have called them and they continue to tell me that since a levy has been...

Death and dept [ 1 Answers ]

If I die and I have some credit card dept does the credit card co. take it from my bank account or stocks?

View more questions Search