Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    live4himgirl Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 07:29 PM
    Accidentally purple!
    Well, I bought a hair color that is dark brown, with just a tinge of purple,(called truffle-from Sally's) and it just turned out all purple... I'm not that kind of person that usually is outrageous and I feel like I look little silly, even though people seem to like it. Is there anything I can do that will make it not be as purple? I don't want to dye it again because my hair is dry as it is.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 09:08 PM
    I don't want to dye it again because my hair is dry as it is.
    It will fade -- with time. You can accelerate fading using strong shampoos (clarifying shampoos, for example). Some people use dishwashing detergent. You can also use Liquid Tide (the kind without bleach).

Nov 18, 2009, 09:48 PM

So dishwashing soap, as in just dish soap or liquid dishwasher soap?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2009, 06:03 AM

Dish soap. The stuff you'd put in your sink. Tide is better -- for fast fading. It might dry your hair out a bit, but that's temporary. Use conditioner.

Nov 19, 2009, 06:27 AM

OK, thanks so much! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My blonde hair has gone silver/purple after using purple shampoo [ 8 Answers ]

Im hoping somebody can help me as I've had a bit of a hair disaster recently! Basically, my hair was fine as it was, and I hardly had any roots yet I like that feeling after you have just had your hair done, there's more life to it. As I was going out that same night I didn't have time to go to...

Did I take her virginity accidentally? [ 16 Answers ]

I'm a 21 year old male and my girlfriend is 20, I've been with her for 4 months now we both care a lot for one another. Going into the relationship she said she was a virgin and planned an waiting till marriage. I told her I respect that and would honor that. The other night we were getting hot...

View more questions Search