Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2009, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I mean, truly, if your past is fair game and your kids are fair game, certainly Obama’s past should be. I mean, we want to treat men and women equally, right?
    Hello again, tom:

Seems to me, she's saying, that if the press unfairly screwed me, then it's OK if the press unfairly screws him.

That doesn't sound too presidential.. Sounds like an angry woman who wants to get EVEN.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 08:51 AM

I have to ask Katie Couric and the rest of the dinosaur media if they think their inquiry into Palin's family was a "screwing " . Deep down I bet they do .
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2009, 09:08 AM
    I have to ask Katie Couric and the rest of the dinosaur media if they think their inquiry into Palin's family was a "screwing " . Deep down I bet they do .
    Hello again, tom:

What THEY think isn't germane to the self serving and mean spirited attitude she exhibited in her statement...

SHE thinks they screwed her, so SHE thinks it's just fine that they screw Obama. Deflect it all you wish, but THAT is what's important here - not what the media thinks.

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 09:21 AM

Nothing mean spirited about it at all . That's the way the game is played.. right ? A Republican's children are fair game but Obama's daughters and before that Chelsea Clinton were out of bounds.

She points out the hypocrisy but she's the mean spirited one ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2009, 09:26 AM
    Apparently Palin has no problems introducing her children as accessories during a campaign:
    Sarah Palin on Abortion
    Q: Do you think that we should talk about birth control with our teenage sons and daughters?A: Yes. Use me as the example of why you should, even more admittedly. My daughter, of course she is 18 years old, but has really been forced to grow up very quickly now and starting her own family and you know, life has changed so quickly for her. But if we can use this, and if my daughter Bristol can use her story as a kind of teaching tool for others, then so be it. Let us do that.
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2009, 09:28 AM
    She points out the hypocricy but she's the mean spirited one ?
    Hello again, tom;

Nope, you're missing it once again...

To POINT OUT the hypocrisy WOULD be presidential... But, to INDULGE in it, and to wish it upon Obama and his family, is nothing BUT mean.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    To POINT OUT the hypocrisy WOULD be presidential... But, to INDULGE in it, and to wish it upon Obama and his family, is nothing BUT mean.
    Where did she INDULGE in it? Where did she WISH on him the kind of relentless scrutiny she still faces?
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Apparently Palin has no problems introducing her children as accessories during a campaign:
    Sarah Palin on Abortion
    Using her daughter's example as a LESSON for others is not using her as an accessory.
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2009, 09:47 AM
    I mean, truly, if your past is fair game and your kids are fair game, certainly Obama’s past should be. I mean, we want to treat men and women equally, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Where did she INDULGE in it? Where did she WISH on him the kind of relentless scrutiny she still faces?
    Hello again, Steve:

If you don't get the implications of her statement above, and it can't be more clear, then you're not going to get it no matter what I say.

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 09:53 AM

I think she's correct. Obama got a free pass by the press and now the whole 4th Estate wonders why he isn't the President they thought he'd be.
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2009, 09:53 AM

I mean, truly, if your past is fair game and your kids are fair game, certainly Obama's past should be. I mean, we want to treat men and women equally, right?
    Hello again, Steve:

Ok, maybe I SHOULD spell it out for you guys, because you're NOT going to get it, even if the words are right in front of your face.

IF she said that nobody's kids should be fair game, THAT would be presidential... THAT would be showing leadership. That would be putting herself ABOVE the fray. THAT would have been GOOD.

But, she didn't say that... She said that whatever you did to me, you should also do to Obama... THAT, my friend, IS indulging in it, and it's MEAN as hell.

excon
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2009, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    But, she didn't say that... She said that whatever you did to me, you should also do to Obama... THAT, my friend, IS indulging in it, and it's MEAN as hell.
    Tom, Steve, whoever :D

For a guy who likes to chastise us for reading stuff into things you sure like to do the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Enough Already Sarah Palin! [ 127 Answers ]

Is anyone else sick of Sarah Palin talking nonsense? We all new she was at best semi-literate but her new comments about so-called death panels wanting to execute the elderly and disabled people are too ridiculous for words. What bothers me most is that not one prominent Republican politician has...

President Sarah Palin [ 27 Answers ]

Hello: I predict that if health care goes down, which I define as not having a public option, Sarah Palin will be elected in 2012. You? excon

What Does Sarah Palin read? [ 69 Answers ]

So that hard hitting journalist Katie Couric is at it again with Palin this time she wanted to know What Does Sarah Palin read? Specifically... and Her answer well EVERYTHING ALL OF THEM!! Check out the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9go38MgZ4w8

Sarah Palin are Alaska for Vice President! [ 235 Answers ]

BWAH HA HA HA John McCain has truly lost his mind!

Sarah Palin Brief GMA Interview [ 73 Answers ]

This morning Good Morning America show brief skits of the Sarah Palin Interview airing tonight on 20/20. This interview show me that the inexperience issue is now out the window. Sarah Palin answers were so off course, the inteviewer had to stop and restate the question 3 - 4 time regarding...

View more questions Search