Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    herbdigger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 09:42 AM
    $1000 confederate bill real or not?
    I have a $1000 confederate bill. A local dealer says he think it might be real because the paper is the correct type. How do I find out if this is real or not? Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 10:00 AM

Even if it is real, it won't be worth $l000. As soon as the south lost the war, their paper money became worthless.

Tick
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 10:14 AM
    The South lost the war? Who said the South lost the war?

Herb, can you post a picture of it please?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 10:19 AM

LOL, jm, I get the point, yes, I know y ou are from Georgia. Yes they lost ! You have been hoarding confederate money, haven't you ?

Tick
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    LOL, jm, I get the point, yes, I know y ou are from Georgia. Yes they lost ! You have been hoarding confederate money, havent you ?

tick
    In Mason jars, out back buried in the Georgia red clay that we are so fortunate to attempt to grow gardens in. Oh well, that's the cost of living in GOD's country.

We didn't lose, we are just reforming the troops.

You'll be OK, we'll stop short of Canada.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 09:35 PM

REBELS -SAVE YOUR CONFEDERATE MONEY <FOR THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!!
    { AMAN}
    THE only reason that the yankeys won is because they stole most of our money!!
    GO for it JM JOSEPH;;Sorry abnout that tick GOD BLESS THE CONFEDERATE SOUTH!!
    JM I guess we will stop at the CANADA BORDER!! YOUAL HAVE A NICE DAY AND GOD BLESS::F.B.E.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 20, 2009, 10:35 PM

Yes there was a 1000 dollar bill for the confederate government, but a lot of the money at that time was still done by individual banks.

But it is not common that you would get one, since there are 10's of thousands of fakes and reproductions.

You need to find a dealer that is trained in this type of money to see it.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2009, 11:14 PM

Herbdigger- I need more information on this bill; what ever you can give me off the face side; example- date,month day ,year where it was printed, Was it richmond va or Columbia S.C.:: Signatures on the front :: Yes there was a lot of counter fitting going on at this time ::: Ok here is what some that I need off the front side:: THEmonth day year ,and signatures Just give me some ot the stuff off th rpfrank james:: waiting your reply and answers; tghen I will be able to find this billAND hope to know if it is counterfit or not there are also numbers on the front side;;Have a great day and a better day tomorrow and GOD BLESS ;; F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a confederate $5.00 bill value 1864 [ 3 Answers ]

What is a 1864 $5.00 bill worth? February 17 1864 , Richmond

I have a 500 dolar confederate bill. [ 5 Answers ]

I was just wondering how much this bill is.. I have a 500 dollar confederate states of america bill it is dated n 1866 or 67 I think I cnt make it out but the number on it is 393.. please lend me a hand and knowing its worth and who to contact.. greatly appreciated...

Value of an 1861 Confederate Dollar Bill [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have a confederate dollar, and am wondering if it has any value. It is a State of Georgia bill, numbered as 1357, from the Bank of Commerce. The date at the bottom right says "July 4, 1861". At the top, center of the bill is a picture of a sailing ship. Bottom left hand corner shows a...

Value of a 1000 Confederate Note Dated 1861 [ 4 Answers ]

After my grandfather passed away I found some very old paper money in the bottom of an old dresser drawer. Among these items I found a large bill supposedly from the Confederacy. The description : One side is in black and white with the words Twelve months afterdate in script at the top; in large...

View more questions Search