Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eboston123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 08:54 AM
    Trane XR90 - Heat and blower not kicking on
    I have a Trane XR90 gas furnace that is about 5 years old and a honeywell 5/2 programmable thermostat, same age (sorry, don't have model #). When thermostat is set to eitherh heat or cool and temperature is raised or lowered beyond room temp, the furnace will not kick on (neither the temp nor the fan). Switching the thermostat's fan switch to "on" does not turn the blower on either. Trane diagnostic light is blinking continuously, seemingly slow ("no call for heat"), though I can't say for sure, because I've never seen it when it was blinking fast. I swapped out the thermostat for a new one and no change. Breaker has been checked. Batteries in thermostat checked. Any ideas about what is going on would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 10:57 AM
    Check the thermostat wire connections at the furnace control board. If system is equipped with a condensate pump and the secondary switch is wired in, check pump reservoir for over-filling.
    eboston123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 01:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KC13 View Post
    Check the thermostat wire connections at the furnace control board. If system is equipped with a condensate pump and the secondary switch is wired in, check pump reservoir for over-filling.

Thanks, I will give that a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XL20i heat pump requires Trane 900 series thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if the Trane XL20i heat pump requires the use of Trane's 900 series thermostat or if a Honeywell VisionPro IAQ thermostat can be used.

Trane outside unit not kicking on [ 64 Answers ]

I have an outside A/C unit that does not do anything, I replaced the thermostat over the winter, the heat kicks on with the furnace no problem, but at the thermostat you hear the click when setting the temperature below room temperature, but nothing happens out at the outside unit. I checked the...

Trane furnace ignitor will not ignite gas for heat, blower will not go off [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Trane unit and the ignitor does not produce a flame. The unit's blower runs and keeps the house at 62 degrees, 29 degrees outside. I have had this same problem once before and I was told that all that was needed was to clean some part in the furnace. Do not remember what that part was. ...

Quote on 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 and var spd Trane Blower [ 2 Answers ]

I was just quoted on a 2nd floor A/C replacement, condenser and var speed blower, 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 with upgrade options. Live in CT Are these prices sane ? Includes removal of old unit, upgrade of refrig line, added insulation on old ductwork - work to be done in walkup attic Quote...

View more questions Search