Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mydogquestion Posts: 232, Reputation: 21

Nov 18, 2009, 08:01 AM
    When to ask his kids to stand up
    Our engagement party is a week away. My first wedding his second. We are having only family at the wedding. We would like his kids to stand up for us. I would like to ask them in private ,he wants to ask at the party. Any thoughts. His kids are happy for us so I am pretty sure they will be delighted.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 08:36 AM

I think it's bad form to put people on the spot by asking them to commit to something like this in public - even if they're "delighted," it can be over-whelming to have to respond immediately and in public. And so may not relaize what this is about. This is like asking someone to be a bridesmaid or usher - much better to talk to the person in private. And this is especially so if the kids are relatively young.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Nov 18, 2009, 10:34 AM

When I asked my cousin to stand up for me, I made her a funny card and asked her privately.

Perhaps you could ask in private, and assuming they say yes, announce it at the engagement party. That'll be a nice way of bringing them into focus at the party as well.

Good luck and Congrats!
    mydogquestion Posts: 232, Reputation: 21

Nov 29, 2009, 07:17 AM

The party went great. Families got along great. Kids had a good time. We asked the kids after the party in private to stand up. They both were very excited and said yes. They can not wait.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my ex take my kids if sent back or use them 2stay in the country?were do I stand? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm really confused on what I should do now. I married a man from africa 1yr ago we split up the first time 3weeks after as he chucked me across the room while I was 3weeks pregnant.the cops took him to court but nothing came of it.about 2months later we tried to work things out by the time I...

Kids Father talks bad on ex-wife and me in front of kids [ 3 Answers ]

Not sure if this is the right place for this, if not, admins please move to the appropriate section. Thanks Now for the question, I have been seeing my girlfriend for almost 7 months now. We do live together with her 2 beautiful girls who I adore and treat as my own. They are 5 and 3 and...

Brother is unmarried and his kids mother want to take kids away [ 5 Answers ]

Can his live in girlfriend or EX now take away his kids from him if there in a stable environment and she is leaving my brother for another man in another city and a sex offender at that? My brother has them in his care as we speak can she go to his house and walk out of there with them. They are...

Puppet kids show on discovery kids [ 3 Answers ]

This show came on discovery kids in the morning in the 90's it was kind of weird a women And kids say they want to get silly something and they would take a spoon and eat Something out of puppet flowers mouths, the puppets would open there mouths and other silly stuff was like this on the...

Where Do I Stand If I Decide To Stand Up To Them? [ 26 Answers ]

I am posting this on behalf of my sister. She Wrote - Where do I stand if I decide to stand up to them and say enough is enough? This is the short version, I will go into more detail as we go along. I hope you can help me. I am in need of some serious advice. Got 2 grandchildren...

View more questions Search