Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilmsmuffit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 06:45 AM
    Boot manager not found
    I have a sony vaio, that up until a few weeks ago worked fine. I made some recovery discs and since then it won't boot up, I get a message saying boot manager not found, so tried to recover through the bios and a message tells me operating system not found. I have no original discs with it. Can anyone help me with this ?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 08:02 AM

Did you successfullly make "recovery disks"? If you did, have you tried to boot from those disks? You may have to get into the BIOS and change the boot order (DVD first).

I doubt that making recovery disks trashed your hard drive (but one never knows). Make sure you didn't screw something up in the BIOS. Make sure the hard drive is properly inserted. You could unscrew the cover over the hard drive, remove the hard drive and reinsert it. This will make sure that you have good contact between the pins and receptacle.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Feb 13, 2010, 01:57 PM

Reinstall
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2010, 05:22 PM

Go into the bios and set everything back to default and then try it. You may have a corrupted hard disk, you could just try a repair with your restore disks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Macbook won't boot after safe boot mode [ 1 Answers ]

An intel-based Macbook running the latest version of Leopard will not boot after a safe boot. I held down shift to perform the safe boot. It apparently ran the diagnostics etc, and then came up with Safe Boot in red like it should. I then restarted and now I can't get past the gray Apple screen. It...

GPO applied on 2nd boot, not on 1st boot [ 1 Answers ]

I am deploying IE7 via a GPO in a Windows 2003 domain. The policy works fine. But only on a second boot of the Windows XP clients. (WindowsXP only environment). This seems totally silly to me. Shouldn't all policies be applied on every boot? :confused: How can I force the policy to be applied on...

Found the actually verse of the song, but still haven't found the name =[ [ 1 Answers ]

I found one verse of the song I've been looking for ! :) But still haven't found the song!! :mad: :( :confused: Here's the verse: "cause im mr mr lonely open up the door what did i see my baby with another man right infront of me"

"found new hardware" for boot drive [ 4 Answers ]

Running Windows XP Pro with update 3, recently started getting "Found new hardware" on bootup for my boot (C:) drive, which has been working fine for some time. Haven't installed any new programs recently. Get this message every time I boot up. Checked "system devices" and found that my Western...

Boot linux from an external hard drive dual boot? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I boot linex from an external hard drive dual boot. How do I do it ?

View more questions Search