Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cyrusd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 04:08 AM
    How much does a locksmith charge?
    How much does a locksmith charge? :confused:
    jackyp12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 04:11 AM
    Difficult to answer, but it really depends on the locksmith company since some locksmith companies will charge you based on how long it takes to get the work done, some charge a flat rate, and some may add on extra fees (i.e. travel charges, etc.).

I have always look at local companies like http://www.andrewjameslocks.co.uk/ they provide a competitively priced reliable service. Prices differ, but a free quotation can be given over the phone, by fax, e-mail or personally.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
    thatlockguy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 08:34 PM

it also depends on the time of day and the work being done (I can charge a flat rate to open a house, but if I have to fix something, that's a variable). Always price compare and check on a 'smiths specialties before you commit (some don't do automotive work for example)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a locksmith in the house? :) [ 23 Answers ]

I've got an apt. community of 134 apartments. 12 years ago I did the research and was told that with only 134 apartments, I was "safe" to use just one master key for them... but now I find that some of them are cut WAY too close to each other. I found that there are some resident keys that...

Where can I find a cheap locksmith? [ 4 Answers ]

Where can I find a cheap locksmith?

Residential Locksmith Washington [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I was wondering if any forum members may be able to recommend trustworthy and competitive security firms/locksmiths. We are planning to get quotes for new security provision for our block of 16 privately owned flats (we need new locks/keys, new gates/doors and possibly their advice on...

Old Charge [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question and I really need an answer as soon as possible. Someone I know was being accused of sexual assault so he turned himself in, he was not arrested. He stood before the judge with his attorney and was given an Anger Management class because apparently there was no proof. This...

View more questions Search