Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    animalgirl23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 07:45 PM
    Dog Poop
    I have a 4 year old male Shih Tzu. He has been pooping in the same location for the past two days. And that location is inside of our house. We have never had a problem with this and we haven't moved recently. I was recently sick, and he stayed with me a lot of the time. The stools are loose to hard. Any ideas WHY he is doing this?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2009, 08:11 PM

Shih Tzus are notorious for being dirty in the house, mine was terrible, I never got her fully toilet trained before she was re-homed (long story)

Dogs know when people are sick as well, it may have something to do with that. I know mine barely leave my side if I'm sick in bed, he may just not want to leave you to go outside.

Then the third factor is his health, there are a lot of things that can cause loose stools from worms to stress to food, only way to know there is to get him checked out by a vet.
    In the meantime though you can try adding a little canned pumpkin to his food and perhaps switching to a diet of boiled chicken and rice until he is back to normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is wrong with my dog? [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is a 1 year old female Chiuahua and for the past week she has looked thin. For the past two days she won't eat anything, and she is always shaking and doesn't want to do anything but lay around and sleep. Also there are times where she makes sounds like she is choking or about to throw up. ...

My new dog attacks my other dog. [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I have a dog problem and hope someone can help! I have a 7 year old dog and have recently got a 2 year old from a rescue home. They play around together most of the time but every now and then the new dog will randomly attack my other dog. She has drawn blood on him and it is defo not...

Coughing Dog [ 8 Answers ]

We adopted a 6-7 mnth old dog almost a month ago. Hes a mix terrior. Ever since the first night he has been with us he has coughed. The only way to explain it is he sounds like a cat coughing up a hairball. The foster mom swears he didn't do it when he was with her. Hes on the same dog food as he...

Dog Aggression [ 4 Answers ]

I have a nine year female staffordshire bull terrier, I am moving in with my partner at the end of the month who has a 4 year old male staffordshire bull terrier, we have tried to get them to know each other by taking them for walks together, but my female staff keeps snapping at the male staff,...

My yorkie has Poop blocking him to poop. [ 2 Answers ]

I noticed that my 10 week old Yorkie was trying to poop like 5 times in a roll, he was trying real hard and I noticed that there was nothing to pick up. He did the same thing serval times. I looked at his anal and there is hard poop that is blocking him to poop. What do I do? :confused:

View more questions Search