Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iLLyriC Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 10:33 AM
    Joining Local Disks together
    Hi @ all
    I have a HDD which is separated into 2 local disc (C: and D:). Is there any program or method to merge them into one piece ( ex. Local disc C) without formatting the PC?

Thanks beforehand. :)
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Nov 29, 2009, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iLLyriC View Post
    Is there any program or method to merge them into one piece...
    Yes, some repartioning software (such as Acronis Disk Director) will do it. Additional free space is also usually required lack of which can prevent the operation if both partitions are full or close to full. Additionally, doing a full backup beforehand is recommended. But then once a backup it made, I think it is easier to wipe the drive, restore C to a larger partition, and then mount the backup of D and simply copy the contents over to the new larger C. This also sidesteps any free space limitations that might have existed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding x-intercepts, local maximum, local minimum of graph [ 5 Answers ]

How do I find the x-intercepts, local maximums, and local minimums of this graph --> f(x)=1/9(x-3)^2(x+3)^2 using a graphing calculator?

How do you find the local maximun and local minium of a graph? [ 1 Answers ]

How do u find the local maximun and local minium of a graph?

Cd ROM not reading disks -_- [ 11 Answers ]

I've been playing Diablo 2 LOD for awhile now and just the other day, when trying to open the shortcut it said: "Diablo II was unable to locate your CD-ROM drive. Please make sure your Diablo II expansion disk is in your CD-ROM drive, then click retry":( This has come up before but mainly...

DVD R/W disks [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if I have to format a DVD R/W disk before I use it for data back up puposes? I bought some new DVD+R/W disks, and explorer won't recognize them when I insert them. When one of my programs (B's clip) recognized the new disk, it asked me if it could format it. I tried this,...

View more questions Search