Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caringfather Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Child support if Mother Kicks son out of house
    My son was forced out of his house by his Mother and Step-Father and I came to pick him up. I pay her child support for 2 children. He has lived with me for a year and we did not modify the child support agreement. We are going to court now and my question is, if she forces the child out of the home, can she still legally collect child support for the time she did not have him in the home.

Thanks.
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 07:48 AM

If you didn't get the child support and custody orders modified, yes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can step mother get child support issued from biological mother of step children? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband doesn't want to go after his ex for child support. Can I go after her as the step parent who has been caring for the children for almost five years? The biological mother hasn't seen or talked to the children for about four years now.

Father Asks mother for child support when mother has no money [ 2 Answers ]

My mother got re-married and had my little brother with this man. He is now 10, I'm 15 and my sister is 17. (Our father pays child support but not on a regular basis, you can't depend on it) About 3 years ago they separated and got a divorce. We had custody of him. Then my brothers father filed...

Can I sue my mother for back child support ? [ 10 Answers ]

My mom got custody of me at the age of 4 when my parents divorced and she kept me to the age of 6. I was neglacted while living with my mother. Then I moved in with my Aunt at 7 but my Aunt didn't get custody of me till I 13.I would like to use her because growing up she refused to pay even after...

View more questions Search