Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dave2247 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2009, 07:08 AM
    Ex contacted me!
    I know the answer to this but just need the reassurance. My ex contacted me about being hopeless and sad in her life but still only wants to be friends. I am not over her yet and need to heal. I had to tell her not to contact me anymore and she almost got upset at me for this. (?? ) I need to know I did the right thing. It was so hard to tell her this but I felt I would be in a vicious cycle unless I did this, No Contact is the only way, right??
    minaeve25 Posts: 39, Reputation: 8

Nov 17, 2009, 07:12 AM

I think you did the right thing to protect yourself.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 07:18 AM

Yes, you did the right thing. I am not sure if it is widely known or even believed, but I for one pretty much hold it to fact: we don't owe our ex anything, including friendship. All those privileges are thrown out of the window once you break up.

It isn't personal, it is just the natural way of life. Well done!
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 09:43 AM
    No contact is not the only way out, but since you want to get out of the vicious cycle, no contact is a useful and highly effective method to help you heal from the break up.

The reason you go into no contact is so that you don't build false hope and don't over-analyze all the details, which are all unhealthy behavior.
    itried Posts: 249, Reputation: 108

Nov 17, 2009, 11:51 AM

The fact that you say that you need to heal hints that she dumped you.

Never forget that she thought her life was worse with you in it.

Tell her that you feel bad for her but there is nothing else that you can do for her. Besides, why should you be the shoulder to cry on while she waits for another guy's body to rub up on?

You did the right thing. She's selfish and so too should you be.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 1, 2009, 07:11 PM

Yes, and if she tries to contract just don't, don't answer her calls, don't read her emails, just stop

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PO hasn't contacted yet [ 3 Answers ]

My juvenile son got probation on Monday. Today is Friday and no one has gotten in touch with him or me yet. He wants to get started on community service. How long does it take for them to contact the first time. I called twice, am I just pissing her off. Will there be certain forms for comm...

What numbers have contacted them [ 2 Answers ]

What numbers has sent any messages or calls to the phone of michelle lee

Ex contacted during NC, what to do? [ 9 Answers ]

I tried to find a similar situation in the previous topics but I couldn't so, here's the story... I was married to a man for a few years when I met someone online. I didn't fall for him in the first place as I was married (even though things weren't great) and he was younger than me. I ended up...

My Ex contacted me [ 9 Answers ]

My Story: I'm 21 my ex was 18 I dated this girl for about one and a half years, and then all of a sudden she wanted a break, I took it like it was a break up but she messaged me saying she still loved me it was only to help her think and find herself again (she has always had problems with...

My ex contacted me after 2 months... [ 8 Answers ]

Hey everyone I have not posted in a couple of months- I posted one when me and him first broke up, one when we tried a break and one when it was over and one on dating new guys. Anyhow, its been a while. Me and my ex were together for 2 years and he was my first true love and I have been having...

View more questions Search