Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 11:14 PM
    Do you believe it?
    I'm asking about the Shroud of Turin.
    Here's the report about it being the real burial cloth of Jesus.

New mysteries of the Shroud unveiled

:confused:Do you believe it?:confused:
    :)Peace and kindness,:)
    Fred
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 11:34 PM

YES! I do believe.
    It is wonderful news.
    I would love to visit next year.

Roland.
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 12:16 AM
    Roland,
    I also would like to see it but there is no way that I can go even if I could afford the trip.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2009, 12:18 AM
    Hi, Fred!

Are you asking about it being the real burial cloth of Jesus or that the new, supposed findings, as mentioned by clicking on that link, are real, please?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 12:42 AM
    Clough,
    I am asking if YOU believe that it is the real burial cloth of Jesus considering the evidence that is presented in that entire site.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    ChildOfGod_1 Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

Nov 17, 2009, 10:42 PM

Wow.. amazing fact..!
    I really do believe it!
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 10:53 PM
    ChildOfGod_1,
    Thank you.
    So do I.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 10:57 PM

Who are the experts? And in what? And how have they interacted with the Shroud?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2009, 11:13 PM

If this were reliable and valid information, it would not be put on a DVD that is available from only one company, but would be shouted from the rooftops. Methinks someone is trying to sell you a bill of goods that will line his pockets with gelt.
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 11:55 PM
    Wondergirl,
    That depends on which news channel you are watching.
    It has been on Fox News, EWTN, and ABC, perhaps others,
    But it has not been on those channels which avoid Christianity as much as is possible.
    Amazingly, one of the experts who worked on the was the US Air Force.
    They were picturing The Shroud of Turin with their mapping technology which raises 2 dimensional images up into 3 D to see if the shroud was indeed an image of an original 3 D object which it did turn out to be so.
    Not only were he experts able to test the blood stains for what type it was (it turned out to be AB) but also they were able to get Jesus DNA.
    The coins the were placed over Jesus' eyes were those minted for the rule of Pontius Pilat. The man who ordered Jesus to be crucified..
    Much more information is available at the following...
    The Shroud of Turin Website
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 12:38 AM

I don't see anything new on that Web site. Most of the news concerns the guy who debunks the Shroud and claims it is a 14th century creation.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 12:45 AM

The information is on the Internet, but is on UFO sites, psychic sites, disreputable newspaper sites. If the Shroud were truly authentic and proven to be so, all the news media would proclaim that. Enough of the Shroud has not been examined and tests have not been replicated, which is important for scientific proofs.
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 12:56 AM
    Wondergirl,
    The question was do you believe that the shroud is the real burial cloth of Jesus.
    Let me guess... /
    You don't believe it.
    I have been following the news about this for about 25 years and I have seen enough over that time to firmly believe that is is the real authentic thing.
    The latest news about it has been on the sites I mentioned.
    I think that a lot of the news outlets are so crammed with news about the economy, mortgages, and the war that they skip other news,
    Bad news is always the mist important to them and good news is just a filler if they have room.
    I off to bed now...
    Good night and...
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    I'm asking about the Shroud of Turin.
    Here's the report about it being the real burial cloth of Jesus.

What other then curiousity caused man to imagine by speculation what they have concerning this old fabric?

The harm that can be added to this type of imagination is that mankind puts his heart of love into a falsehood. Dangerously following a desire that could be nothing more then a burial cloth of any man during that time frame.

Books, videos, and a number of other items sold that have intreged the imagination to believe in something that profits money, which is the root of all evil.

Speculations such of this can not bring us closer in faith to our Lord Jesus Christ, when it is questionable in truth. But it can cause God an emotional anger for man's foolishness.

Are we told to run and seek anything having Christ name written or attached to it? Were we told by Christ that there would be those who will attempt to deceive us by great signs and wonders?

A deception that might well be shown even by the Vatican who has announced the pope will visit the Shroud May 2.
    Woe! Watch carefully is the warning we are foretold by Christ.

Let me remind you brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, that Peter spoke of righteousness in Jesus Christ, and through the knowledge of God we do walk. And this was given to us through the power of God. We have already been given all things pertaining to life, and godliness! It is through that knowledge that we can escape corruption of this world. God's promises are what we hold to as precious and of truth. Do not seek the falsehood of man's curiousity and imagination.

2 Peter 1:3-4 According as HIS divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of HIM that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Remember that HIS promises add to our faith and what should be the virtuous course of thoughts, feelings and actions that we trust to follow. We sould be diligence in virtue knowledge which is moral excellence, in following the will of God in love, and giving love to others.

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers

Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    :confused:Do you believe it?:confused:
    :)Peace and kindness,:)
    Fred
    We are not to chase the foolishness of this world. I find this difficult to consider, and ask why one might desire this in their path.
    We are told not to bother disputing the corruptions of man and destitute of the truth . Rather, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

So I depart from any dispute of this confusion, and proclaim only the truth that is written.

~Grace be with you all
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2009, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    If this were reliable and valid information, it would not be put on a DVD that is available from only one company, but would be shouted from the rooftops. Methinks someone is trying to sell you a bill of goods that will line his pockets with gelt.
    Agreed. WND is a *terrible* website to try to get facts.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 08:34 AM
    As far as the shroud goes, I'm not 100% sure that it is yet. I agree with Wondergirl, that if it was authenticated, it would be in the headlines worldwide.

I do believe in Jesus Christ, and that He was our savior, and that He died for our sins.

I often think how magnificent it would be to have some tangible, physical, objects from Him. He was a carpenter, right? How wonderful it would be to have something that He actually made, with His own hands? It very well could exist, somewhere hidden.

Getting back to the shroud, I do believe that this are not normal staining, and transfer patterns, that would occur when a body is covered. You never see anything like that after an accident victim is covered.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 09:17 AM

Fred,

I don't NOT believe it. What I mean is... it is very possible that it is the cloth that the Lord Jesus was buried in. He was ressurrected!! We know he had to come right up out of his burial cloth. I think it is very interesting and made my boys watch a show once regarding the shroud. I suppose as a Christian I love information regarding it because it COULD be the real thing and that is totally cool!! BUT... also as a Christian I am careful not to grab hold of anything as evidence to try and prove to the unbeliever. Because Faith cometh by hearing and hearing the word of God. If we could prove anything it would no longer be faith and the scoffers would still scoff. Besides without faith it is impossible to please God. Hope that made sense and that I was positive about the topic... ha :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 01:19 PM
    sndbay,
    Thanks,
    Yes faith in God is essential.
    But other things are important.
    Yet today, thousands of years later more and more about the bible's authenticity is being discovered.
    The sad part of that is it does not become national news.
    To find out about it often the news is in various magazines such as Biblical Archeology Review or others or sometime on news sites on the internet.
    I'm not surprise that the new news about the shroud is not on the national news. I would be surprised if it was.
    Here's the web site of BAR...
    Bible History & Archaeology Published by the Biblical Archaeology Society | Biblical Archaeology Review
    As far as the shroud is concerned, as I mentioned, I have followed news about it for 25 years or more and I AM convinced it is the real thing.
    I believe that God is not hiding evidence about Him and His word but allowing it to be revealed as time goes on.
    That is what things like the discovery of Egyptian coins bearing the name of Joseph from the Biblical time when Joseph was an official in Egypt has been recently discovered.
    I believe those event are important for they may help others who are not solid in their faith or just curious and may come to learn more about God because of it.

On a side note, I'll soon be off line for several days because I'm going to be installing a new computer and saying good bye to this old slow one.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 18, 2009, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay View Post
    money, which is the root of all evil.
    I agree with all you said about faith and the Shroud, but I disagree that money is the root of all evil. It is actually the LOVE of money that is the root of all evil. Money itself is innocuous.
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 04:19 PM
    Wondergirl,
    Yes, that is right
    The LOVE of money is the root of all evil.
    Look at the economy of the world right now.
    The love of money (greed) has caused many banks and huge institutions to go broke putting many people out of their homes and millions of people out of work.
    Greed caused all that suffering.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search