Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frostybabygurl Posts: 117, Reputation: 6

Nov 16, 2009, 07:14 PM
    Christmas Tree Ideas
    Hello...

I'm buying a black christmas tree with clear lights and I'm looking for some ideas on how to decorate it. Hopefully nothing that costs too much. I was thinking of taking old christmas cards and cutting them into nice shapes and then putting some glitter on them and tying them to the tree with some ribbon. I've also thought of candy being hung on the tree with ribbon. I just want to do something different. Maybe a Twilight theme (no idea how) lol, I'm looking for ideas, suggestions maybe some pics or something. If you've got an idea, please post it.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2009, 07:24 PM

We have a white tree and we just bought black and white plain colored baubles and some glitter pens.
    I decorated the plain balls with the glitter pens, saved me a lot of money as the already decorated ones were 4x the price of the plain ones.

Second hand stores are good, sometimes you can pick up old decorations and just get some spray paint to make them whatever color you like.

Here's a pic of our tree from last year, I put all the glitzy bits on the plain baubles ;)
    Attached Images

Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 07:46 PM

Silver and black is striking. I would suggest some silver Christmas ornaments.

The cut out cards with glitter is a wonderful idea, as is strung popcorn with silver or gold glitter, depending on the theme you go with.

Red is also very nice against black, and very festive.

If you're looking for more homemade ideas let me know, I have a whole book full of them. :)
    frostybabygurl Posts: 117, Reputation: 6

Dec 23, 2009, 01:30 PM
    Well, the stores were all sold out of black trees, so we got a green one and went with black, silver and red ornaments, we also added black and white ribbon as garland and a silver star for the tree topper, I went to the fabric section at walmart and bought 1.5 meters of precut silver/grey sequined fabric and pooled that around the bottom of the tree as a tree skirt. I think it looks fabulous. Sadly I can't get my camera to do it justice lol.
    Attached Images

shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2009, 01:34 PM

It looks beautiful frosty!

I see the kitty likes it too ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When should I buy a Christmas tree? [ 7 Answers ]

I didn't know whether to put this in "Holidays" or here... but I chose here because I want accurate advice on the life of the tree... so I thought maybe I would get more answers here. So this is our FIRST year getting a real Christmas tree. I never had one growing up, and I always just did what...

Dog eating Christmas Tree! [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm new to your site! I am hoping that I can get some help! I have 2 adult dogs. They are house trained, But they will NOT stop eating the Christmas Tree! They have eaten the tree & some plastic ornaments on a few different occasions! They do not eat it every time we leave the...

Christmas Gift Ideas for boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I've been dating my boyfriend for about a year(It'll be a year on Dec.18th) n I was wondering what I could get him for a christmas present. Ne Ideas? Btw I'm 15 n so is he.

View more questions Search