Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maxine1989cassi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 06:39 AM
    I am too thin
    Hi,

I'm 20, 5'10 and 8 stone, which is 2 stone underweight for my height. But seriously, I eat more than any of my overweight friends. I have never watched what I ate, I literally eat what I want. But recently I've begun to lose weight despite eating more food with higher calorie content. I don't exercise, I hate being thin. I'm beginning to find it difficult to cope with peoples comments about me having an eating disorder, because I look skeletal. Is there some sort of medical condition I could have? I went to the doctor who decided (as they always do whenever I go) that I CLEARLY have an eating disorder, but when they took my bloods they came back normal. Don't say I'm lucky either, because seriously it is not nice to have ribs sticking out, not be able to wear short sleeve t-shirts because my elbows look so big compared to my upper arm. I just want to be a healthy weight!

Thanks in advance.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 06:51 AM

My daughter is 17 and is rake thin,however she is healthy and eats a good diet,her father is also very thin,but eats well... sometimes our genetics dictate our body type...

If your otherwise healthy,have you considered strength training,or yoga/ pilates to build up muscle?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 06:53 AM
    So, you are about 112 pounds. Yes, that is considered underweight for your height. Has your doctor checked your thyroid? It is possible that you have a condition called HYPERthyroidism, causing your body to have a high metabolism. Thus, eating well, but staying thin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too thin [ 2 Answers ]

What could possibly cause my healthy 9 year old husky mix to weigh only 27 pounds. She has always been thin and now I guess I am starting to be concerned by this.

How 2 become fat I am too thin. [ 4 Answers ]

I am 5ft 9 inch but only 50 kg having a diet also ! What 2 do?:confused:

I'm very thin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi friends I'm very thin I want to have very good chest and biceps Help in this I want to look great I'm 19 years 110lbs 168 cms :(

My dog is too thin! [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 8 month old chinook which is about the size of a German Shep. And he doesn't seem to be gaining weight. I adopted him about a month ago from a canine academy and he has stayed the same size. I can see his ribs so I'm a little worried but he was checked out by a vet right before I adopted...

So thin [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 5 ft my weight 72 ponds I tired of being so thin when I go to beach I feel ashame I also I worrid about marriage, I can't carry something's I need to gain weight I lost my mind how can I do

View more questions Search