Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlray192 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 05:49 PM
    Honda 11hp misses and won't run at high rpms but idles fine
    My honda gx340 11hp was runnning fine one day then it just started sputering blowing black smoke but when you idle it down it purrs like a kitten I just put a brand new carb on it and didn't fix anything went through the whole motor only thing I found was the intake valve leaks a slight bit when performing solvent test... and now once all together motor won't start at all and it sputters like its trying but won't and there is gas in the air intake part?? I've been building bikes for about 3 years now and have never been so frustrated with a small engine I'm just wondering if my valve seat is ruined and what do I have to do to fix this? Thank you... charles...
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Nov 15, 2009, 07:22 PM

Hi,
    The machine is over-engineered from H... and you should first try unplgging all electrical connections and then plugging them back. Most problems such as this occur from this on Hondas.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2000 Honda Ace Shadow Bogs Badly, idles fine [ 4 Answers ]

The title about sums it up... I've got this 2000 Honda Ace Shadow Deluxe, which is a 750 twin-cruiser, with a pair of Keihin 36mm carbs on it. The history is not good (it's my sis's bike) It developed some issues, and she took it to a shop. This was a couple years ago, but it hasn't been...

Honda Civic 98 Hatchback Idles High & Low at Start Up [ 1 Answers ]

Car worked find until car sat for 3 weeks (was out of town)--it would not start. Sounded like it wanted to, but it would not turn over. Took it to Pep Boys, and they gave me a new battery, and it still wouldn't start. Then they put in I think a starter coil, then it started. Now it idles high &...

Riding mower idles fine but when you engage the bades [ 2 Answers ]

My weed eater lawn mower will start and idle fine but whenever I engage the bades the lawn mower will almost cut off and then go back to full power. What could my problem be?

2000 Honda Civic EX suddenly idles at low rpms [ 1 Answers ]

I have a honda civic ex that suddenly idles at low rpms. I just replaced the spark plugs but it still idles at low rpms. Please try and help.

View more questions Search