Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kina9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 04:36 PM
    Snake bites on girls ?
    Heey! I was thinkin' about it and I finally did my decision on getting some snake bites next month... But the only thing that I'm not quite 100% sure on it is if it would fit me kwell...
    On your opinion, should I get some or not ?
    Attached Images

chikiemonki Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2009, 05:32 PM

I think angels wings would be much cuter on you :)

How do you feel about monroes though?
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 07:52 PM

Nope don't do it.

My partner had his lip pierced on one side and now that he has taken it out he has a scar there.

Don't scar your pretty face.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 15, 2009, 07:53 PM
    I agree with Shaz... You are WAY too young to scar that beautiful face. Think about your future... not about the now.
    itsamor Posts: 196, Reputation: 12

Nov 15, 2009, 08:26 PM

Lip piercing scars are NOT noticeable at all.. I have taken my lip ring out and even got one ripped out and you can't tell it was ever pierced. I have snake bites and cute little face like yours and they look great, just make sure you don't get them pierced too close together (not cute) and wear small balls instead of larger ones.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 08:32 PM

no. I'm with shaz and j_9. While on many people the holes aren't too noticeable when you take them out, I've seen people with some pretty nasty scars. You're too young to risk scarring a pretty face.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 09:50 PM

Hon, you're young and lovely, and you're not going to want to keep them in forever. If you want it to look like you have piercings, I think you should opt for the magnetic kind.

Another thing I want to point out is that most professional jobs will not hire you if you have those kind of facial piercings because you don't appear to be serious. Also, it's distracting in a professional work environment.
    Would you trust a doctor with snake bites to take care of you? Or a Lawyer with them to speak for you?
    It's not that they would be bad at what they do, but their appearance has a huge affect on whether they get work or not.

Also, If they get infected you can get really sick. It's in your mouth which is a huge mucus membrane which absorbs lots of chemicals. That's why if you have gum disease or things like that, it can be bad for your heart as well.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by itsamor View Post
    Lip piercing scars are NOT noticable at all..i have taken my lip ring out and even got one ripped out and you can't tell it was ever pierced. I have snake bites and cute little face like yours and they look great, just make sure you don't get them pierced too close together (not cute) and wear small balls instead of larger ones.
    On YOU they weren't noticeable, YOU were lucky.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 06:05 AM
    Lip piercing scars are NOT noticable at all..i have taken my lip ring out and even got one ripped out and you can't tell it was ever pierced. I have snake bites and cute little face like yours and they look great, just make sure you don't get them pierced too close together (not cute) and wear small balls instead of larger ones.
    Everyone scars differently. Don't ASSuME that the OP won't scar. You are lucky.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Everyone scars differently. Don't ASSuME that the OP won't scar. You are lucky.
    Yep, especially if she has sensitive skin, this could cause a lot of scar tissue. I bit through my lip when I was a BABY and I still have the scar.I'm luck it's not easily visible, but if you look close enough you can still see it. Most people don't even notice it until I tell them, but it's on the part of my lip that kind of bends in, not right by the actual lips.

If I'm not mistaken, the younger you are the easier you heal, but healing doesn't always mean there won't be scars.
    I have all kinds of little scars from not very deep scratches (mostly from cats)
    Attached Images

jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 04:58 PM
    I would like to know how old the OP is.

This is not very good advice for someone who looks as pretty as she is, and also not quite your age. Yes, maybe YOU didn't scar, but I wonder how many other people out there regret getting facial piercings.

She may be on the fence on this issue, and she sees your post, and takes it for the norm. Not very considerate, an adult telling minor to gamble with her face.

Maybe she doesn't plan on wearing as much makeup as you do. I know she certainly won't need to.

She's a very pretty young lady, and should not make such a potentially permanent decision at her age.

We should watch how we influence the young people on this site.

Not to mention how her parents might feel about this. I know that I would be against it, at her age, and probably for life for that matter. What if wants to be a model? Or a doctor?

Kina, count the votes.
    mcmelmel4 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2009, 05:06 PM

I honestly think you have the perfect face for snake bites, but you look a bit young, no offense. If you think you're ready than go ahead, but make sure you have them pierced exactly where you want them. The first time I got my lip pierced I was so excited that I didn't pay attention and the lady pierced too close to my lip line and I hated it. Then when I decided to take it out, it left a scar. A year later I got spider bites done and I love them because I told the man exactly where I wanted them and how far apart and all that. Do what you want and just make sure it looks perfect to YOU. Nobody else.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 11:38 PM

Here's the thing about making sure things just look perfect to YOU. If you ever want a decent job, your boss will more than likely not care what piercings you think are cool or "perfect." they'll want someone that looks professional.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 11:43 PM

OP, you're beautiful. Why would you want to take away from that.

I realize that snake bites are the "in thing" right now. Every Tom, and Harry is getting them. Personally, not getting them will make you stand out more.

Still, I understand. Back in my day getting a second hole in your ear was a huge deal (ya, I'm old) and anyone that was anyone had it done. I caved. The thing is, those are my ears, and I don't mind having two piercings in my ears. If I decide I don't like them, no big deal, it's hardly noticeable.

This is your face. Trust me, when you're 30, you won't be too thrilled with this decision. If you do this now and later decide that you don't like it, it's likely that you'll have a scar as a reminder for the rest of your life.

You're so pretty, don't do it.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 11:52 PM

I like piercings. I don't think they make you ugly.

If you want them and your of age and your going to a good sterile place then go.

If you can't sign for yourself I suggest you wait until you are able, just because you may change your mind when your older.

Also keep in mind, some jobs and school don't like piercings-- will this affect either one of those places? If so I would consider talking to your boss and/or school councilor about this before hand.

It's your face, do what you want with it.
    As others have said you can scar. If your fine with that then heck that's okay.

I think you'll look pretty with or without them.

...but that's my opinion

Sarah
    mcmelmel4 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2009, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    here's the thing about making sure things just look perfect to YOU. if you ever want a decent job, your boss will more than likely not care what piercings you think are cool or "perfect." they'll want someone that looks professional.
    Good point. That's very true.

Just make sure you really want it and understand all the consequences.

Another thing to remember is that the piercing may effect your gums and teeth. I've had my piercings for almost four years and I have a bit of gum reccession. But as long as it is properly placed, you shouldn't worry too much about that. You should also be careful when eating because you may bite the studs/rings and that could chip your teeth.
    fishlover Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2009, 04:42 PM

I don't feel snake bites would be the best facial piercings for you.
    Bookie123p Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 10:31 AM
    Yes you would look good

Apr 11, 2012, 10:35 AM
    Yes you should you are very pretty and you would look good with your lip done too (: like no lie

Apr 11, 2012, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fishlover View Post
    I don't feel snake bites would be the best facial piercings for you.
    But she would look Great with them ! She is pretty as it is so she should, BUT THAT'S WHAT I THINK !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do guys tend to lose interest in girls more quickly if the girls are easily dated? [ 11 Answers ]

It seems like most of the guys that I have dated lost interest in me if we started dating fairly quickly and easily. It seemed to happen even more quickly once we were in a relationship and I asked if we could go out to certain events or see certain things. Then most of the guys that have asked...

Septum or snake bites? [ 4 Answers ]

I have my tongue pierced and it didn't hurt at all I wouldn't even give it a 1 out of 20+ I would like to get a septum or snake bites. What is the level of pain usually experienced of a septum and lip piercings and which of them looks better? Im worried about the noticeable scar lip piercings...

Where do I run the snake? [ 1 Answers ]

Garbage disposal&kitchen sink drain go to basement, directly below is my laundry room. P-connection from washer to same drain pipe. When I run my washer, water is coming back out of the overflow drain to floor drain. I pulled grill off floor drain, there is mucky water in this floor drain,...

Pet snake [ 5 Answers ]

A friend of mine that I will be moving in with soon is insisting upon owning a carpet python. I understand that this is a battle that I cannot win. My only request is that she feed it something not rodent. What can I do? Frustrated, blusia

View more questions Search