Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    genes home imp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 04:26 PM
    Lvl specs
    I am building an addition on my house 16ft long by 21 ft wide with a 2nd floor what size lvl do I use for the ridge board when insalling the roof and how many do I need I want rooms to be wide open no inner walls
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 15, 2009, 06:06 PM

I am hoping some of my other experts will stop by and comment because I have never seen a LVL used for a ridge board, there is no load on the ridge. Will you be pulling a permit? Ask your inspector what he will approve, it likely will not be a LVL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OEM fan motor specs? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Rheem 5 ton central AC. The Condenser fan motor was changed with a after market motor. It is making noise and I am sure will not operate much longer. Is there a way to determine original equipment specs? HP, RPM etc. When shopping online for motors there are a lot of questions about the...

New PC specs [ 10 Answers ]

Seahawk83 and Scottgem, et al, let me have your input. Dell took back the Inspiron530s and the graphics card that did not work. I am going to order another Dell when the credit for the returns go through. I am still computer illiterate but gained a lot of knowledge from you two and others....

Wearing specs is necessary [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am 23 years aged guy. I had short sight problem from my college days (for 2 years).. but at that time I didn't care and I thought that won't be a problem. One month before I went for eye check-up.. and the doctor told that I have a short sight problem.. my power is -0.75. And he also...

Wiring specs [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to run an electrical wire to power a 5 ton central air - 220/40 volts - 40 amps. Its length is approxaimately 60 feet from the panel - what type /wire gauge do I need?

View more questions Search