Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    listgirl3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 01:48 PM
    Disposal replacement - no ground wire in conduit?
    I am replacing my disposal, and when I disconnected the wiring, I see there is one white and one reddish wire - no ground. Is this even safe? I am not sure I should continue, but it's really inconvenient not too... as you can imagine!
    stephen horne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 01:53 PM

No it should have a ground
    listgirl3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 02:43 PM
    My latest dilemma... or I am just retarded... power cord. I don't need it but I have to either a) get rid of it to have a "hole" for the wire connect, or apparently leave the access panel off - not an option. What am I missing? The directions do not give me options. It just says use the power cord or don't use the power cord by hooking up the wires, yeah, figured that part out already ;) Any help?

Thanks, by the way :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 wire plus metal conduit as a ground for a range [ 4 Answers ]

I am installing a new range. I have a three wires coming out of a metal conduit which is properly connected to a 60 amp breaker. I have a three wire cord and a grounded surface mounted outlet. I assume that the ground will connect through the metal conduit. THis will ground the outlet. How do I...

Can I use a ground wire for a ground and live black or hot wire at the same time? [ 8 Answers ]

I only have 3 wires from my ceiling to connect to my fan/light, the black, white and bare ground. No problems setting up in this room to only one switch but I would like to have the duel fan/light switch in like in my other rooms without having to pull a wire from the ceiling down to the switch,...

Above ground conduit [ 9 Answers ]

My neighbor is running an above ground electrical conduit with 110 directly on the property line. He has an inground pool that is 5 feet from this same property line and therefore 5' from the above ground conduit. I live in California and do not see this as safe. It seems to me that an above...

Ground wire in separate conduit. [ 1 Answers ]

Is it required by code to run the ground wire in the same conduit as the hot and nuetral conductors?

Can you use Metal Conduit as ground to convert 2 wire to 3 wire? [ 3 Answers ]

I need to convert an old cinder block house from 2 wire outlets to 3 wire by adding a ground to all outlets. Since the entire house is cinder block, all the circuits from the basement breaker box are in flexible metal conduit and metal outlet boxes... Is it possible to use the metal conduit...

View more questions Search