Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thody Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 10:04 AM
    Formula for a number that increases by same amount
    Hey... mathematically challenged here. I'm trying to figure out the following. Let's say I want to increase something by 4 each week but also keep the increases from the previous weeks and then get a grand total at the end. Let me show you below using 52 periods.

4 + (4x2) + (4x3) + (4x4) + (4x5)... + (4x52) =??

Right now I know I can just do 52 calculations and add them all together to get my answer but I'm wondering if there is a quicker/easier way. Thanks in advance for any help!
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 11:38 AM
    You want the sum of the first 52 integers multiplied by 4. Yes, there is an easier way.

The sum of the first n integers can be found from the formula

Your n is 52.

So, we have

thody Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by galactus View Post
    You want the sum of the first 52 integers multiplied by 4. Yes, there is an easier way.

The sum of the first n integers can be found from the formula

Your n is 52.

So, we have

Thanks so much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rent increases [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any regulations or standard on rent increases to know how much corresponds to pay for an extended in my Lease Contract for one year more?

What is the formula for computing the amount of fertilizer to be applied to an area? [ 1 Answers ]

:)What is the formula for computing the amount of fertilizer to be applied to an area?

Balance the formula with equations,formula,balancing and form [ 2 Answers ]

When silver nitrate solution combine with calcium chloride solution,white precipitate of silver nitrate was formed in calcium nitrate solution

Calculating the number of atoms in a formula [ 1 Answers ]

How many C atoms are in 1.0 mole of ethyl acetate (CH3COOC2H5)? How do I calculate that?

What's the growth formula from a minus number? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. I'm frustating about the growth formula like this.. :rolleyes: Let's say, - profit in 2006 = -5000 - profit in 2007 = 1000 what's the formula to find the growth 2007 compared to 2006 ? Thanks for your answer.

View more questions Search