Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 09:09 AM
    Things that make you smile.
    Kay so we had the AAARRGGHH thread, and we have the peeves thread, how about giving something else a try.

I want happy stories, and funny stories. Pretty much anything that made your day. There's a lot of AARRGGHH, but there's a lot of things that make us smile too.

Lately I've been kind of down in the dumps, so it would be really nice to hear some happy stories.
    I'm sure I'll have some to.

For now, let's just try and brighten people's day. :)
    Attached Images

Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 15, 2009, 09:53 AM
    Things like this make me smile:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/lounge...ed-416137.html

:D
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    Aww that's really cool!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 15, 2009, 10:14 AM
    My feather pillow is about to make me smile REAL big!
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Nov 15, 2009, 10:21 AM

Halloween's recent passing just made me remember the Halloween when I went trick or treating and after I rung the door bell at one house the door was opened long enough for a little fluffy white puppy to be dropped in my bucket. That had to have been one of the best treats to me, tricks to mom, ever. ;) Too bad I had to bring it back. Clever attempt.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 15, 2009, 11:46 AM

I always find it somewhat difficult to come up with a new idea for a present for my lovely wife on birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc.

Well, this year for our seventh wedding anniversary I did what I usually do; 'he went to Jared's'. She was delighted with the diamond Anniversary Ring, it was beautiful or so I am told by her...

But it seemed not quite enough, I wanted to do something more... so when they opened a beautiful dinner movie theater here in our town we made a night of it and really enjoyed this experience with living room sofas and dinner as we comfortably watched "The Christmas story.'

Then, as we love live theater I got us orchestra seating for 'South Pacific' for the end of this month....

Yesterday, while walking past Marta to my office, she turned me around, looked into my eyes and said "I want you to understand something, as much as I appreciate all that you do, I would love you if you were the guy on the corner asking for change.'

Although she gave me presents also this one was the one that literally made me warm all over.

Stringer
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxkit View Post
    Halloween's recent passing just made me remember the Halloween when I went trick or treating and after I rung the door bell at one house the door was opened long enough for a little fluffy white puppy to be dropped in my bucket. That had to have been one of the best treats to me, tricks to mom, ever. ;) Too bad I had to bring it back. Clever attempt.
    Oh gosh I would have kept it! That's SO CUTE!
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 12:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I always find it somewhat difficult to come up with a new idea for a present for my lovely wife on birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc.

Well, this year for our seventh wedding anniversary I did what I usually do; 'he went to Jared's'. She was delighted with the diamond Anniversary Ring, it was beautiful or so I am told by her....

But it seemed not quite enough, I wanted to do something more...so when they opened a beautiful dinner movie theater here in our town we made a night of it and really enjoyed this experience with living room sofas and dinner as we comfortably watched "The Christmas story.'

Then, as we love live theater I got us orchestra seating for 'South Pacific' for the end of this month....

Yesterday, while walking past Marta to my office, she turned me around, looked into my eyes and said "I want you to understand something, as much as I appreciate all that you do, I would love you if you were the guy on the corner asking for change.'

Although she gave me present/s also this one was the one that literally made me warm all over.

Stringer
    Aw that's beautiful!
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Nov 15, 2009, 01:09 PM

Something that makes me smile was when I took care of a stray dog that we named fancy and when I first saw her I look her right in the eye and told her " I will love you no matter what and you will always be in my heart " I gave her a hug and started to cry thinking that no dog should ever be left on the side of the road. And if you want to know that happen over summer when I was 11 years old! :)
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Nov 15, 2009, 01:47 PM

I sometimes can't help but smile when my in-laws lab mix gets too greedy for his own good. When they throw dog bones in the yard the big brute will take his bone - and then proceed to rob the other dogs of theirs one at a time until he has an overflow mouth full of four bones. Then, since his mouth is too full to eat what he has and since he's too worried to put the bones down or else the others might reclaim them, all he can do is sit there with bones sticking out looking really pathetic because he can't enjoy what he has. The silly dog is worthy of his own fable.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 02:48 PM
    My ex husband got a flat tire outside my house today ,it was lashing rain,and a wind that would skin a monkey...

As I watched him struggle to change the tire,the wind skining his big bald head,the rain pleting of his angry face,I felt something happen to my face... I was smiling...

Ah,a happy memory of my ex.. who knew!
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 02:54 PM

Hahah Red, you're too funny. :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 02:57 PM
    I'm a softie. After my second fishie died from being electrocuted just last night, I went and got, not one, but TWO more. I got a black one with a white fin called Obsidian, and a Silver one with a red fin that my boyfriend named Avery.
    They are both crown tail Bettas, and don't worry, I got a whole other tank for the second fishie. Now I have two because I'm a softie and I couldn't choose between them. :)
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 03:03 PM

I have two fish,a dog,a turtle,two kids a mortgage,and a kitten on the way...

4 turtle doves
    3 french hens
    And a partriage in a pear treeeee!
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 02:17 AM

Although this is the happy thread,I have PEEVES!

Where do I vent them... a member called an op's son, a 'stupid ungrateful git' and another member with over 300 posts, giving a reddie because he ASSUMED a question asked about an op's age was going to lead to a bashing of the op!

I'm not one for arguments but in this case I'm going to say... bring it on!
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 06:38 AM

My boss has been on my case about buying a house to start my "first big investment" and to get the first-time buyer's tax credit, I kept telling him I can't because the cost of living in this area is just too high for me. But then he tells me, "bear in mind you'll be getting a pretty big raise soon."

Mmmyesssssss
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    My boss has been on my case about buying a house to start my "first big investment" and to get the first-time buyer's tax credit, I kept telling him I can't because the cost of living in this area is just too high for me. But then he tells me, "bear in mind you'll be getting a pretty big raise soon."

Mmmyesssssss
    Hey ! High five... (slap)! :) :)
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Nov 16, 2009, 01:36 PM

Sea otters are my favorite animal. They're so cute and are always playing and having a good time. This vid will put a smile on your face. Watch the whole thing... it's really cute at the end.

Click Here: YouTube - Otters holding hands
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Nov 16, 2009, 01:44 PM

True Story,
    We were having a yard sale and my nieghbor across the street is ALWAYS borrowing my step-ladder every christmas to put up and take down lights,spring to trim leaves etc. so I got this idea,winked at my wife and went and got my step ladder and set it right up front for the yard sale sure enough he comes over
    "selling that ladder?"
    "yea im tired of storing it and dont really use it"
    "how much"
    "uhhh 15 dollars sounds fare"
    "i'll take it"
    Well of course you'll take it,now he stores it I'm 15$ richer and he HAS to loan it to me if I need it...
    Walked back to the wife with a big smile.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zippit View Post
    true Story,
    we were having a yard sale and my nieghbor across the street is ALWAYS borrowing my step-ladder every christmas to put up and take down lights,spring to trim leaves ect. so I got this idea,winked at my wife and went and got my step ladder and set it right up front for the yard sale sure enough he comes over
    "selling that ladder?"
    "yea im tired of storing it and dont really use it"
    "how much"
    "uhhh 15 dollars sounds fare"
    "i'll take it"
    well of course you'll take it,now he stores it im 15$ richer and he HAS to loan it to me if i need it.....
    walked back to the wife with a big smile.
    Haha you probably could have egone for $20. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

29 lines to make you smile [ 4 Answers ]

TWENTY NINE LINES TO MAKE YOU SMILE 1.. My husband and I divorced over religious differences. He thought he was God and I didn't. 2.. I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it. 3.. Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them. 4.. I used to have a handle...

How I make her smile from heart? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I was surfing the net to find out answer to a question my girlfriend asked me last night. We accepted relation between us few days a ago. In fact I did proposed her long time ago but she refused at that time but later 3 days back she told she had feeling for me. But I find there was...

25 lines to make you smile [ 10 Answers ]

TWENTY FIVE LINES TO MAKE YOU SMILE 1.. My husband and I divorced over religious differences. He thought he Was God and I didn't.. 2.. I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it. 3.. Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them. 4.. I used to have a handle on...

Make you smile [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Many people say the Lord doesn't have a since of humor I say if he didn't why would he do this... 1. As we get older we gain a little weight, on the Ladies the extra weight adds to their bust line and gives them even more to push up and out of their tight tops. Their rears also get...

Silver lining - I love to make you smile [ 3 Answers ]

Life can sometimes be cruel and get you down. People can sometimes be cruel and make you frown. At times like these you can't let the pain linger. It takes forty-two muscles to frown. It takes three to extend your middle finger. ***** We are friends You laugh and I laugh

View more questions Search