Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    regret1601 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 07:30 AM
    Being caught shoplifting
    I'm holding a work permit.. 2 days ago I'm being caught for shoplifting. This is my first time and that cloth cost $99. I had admitted that I steal it when the promoter asked me. I wanted to pay them back, but the refuse to let me go end up they called the police and I'm being arrested. I did admit that I stole to the police. Will I be charged ? Will my work permit being cancelled ? My sister wedding is next week will the police allow me to go bck malaysia ?wait 2 secs to reload the imagewait 2 secs to reload the image

Nov 15, 2009, 07:33 AM

This happens in singapore
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 07:37 AM

Hello R:

You will be charged. IF you're convicted, you'll probably lose your work permit and be deported.

Until that happens, IF it does, you're immigration status is NOT changed. If you could travel BEFORE this incident, you can travel now.

However, you can help your cause a LOT by hiring an attorney.

excon
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by regret1601 View Post
    this happens in singapore
    Hello again, r:

That changes everything. I don't know Singapore law.

excon

Nov 15, 2009, 07:39 AM

excon where you from ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caught shoplifting [ 7 Answers ]

Advice needed me and wife caught shoplifting at a Retail store a month back LP took us to office and called police over the phone for record it was clean, they said we will be released after paperwork stuff was valued around $25 no police came on scene given a ban of 6 months from store also...

Caught shoplifting [ 13 Answers ]

I want to thanks this site first of all for giving us the opportunity to get free answers. I was caught shoplifting is sears about a month ago.. they called the cops I got arrested. They took my finger prints and photos. I was bailed out for 50$. They gave me a court date which is next month. I'm...

Caught Shoplifting [ 7 Answers ]

I was caught shoplifting at the Bay about two months ago. When caught I admitted my guilt and was brought to the security room. Soon an officer arrived and I was arrested for shoplifting, but due to my admittance of guilt and it was my first transgression no charges were laid. A civil recovery...

Shoplifting caught. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I feel terrible, I've never done anything like this before, I just got greedy and chose not to pay for some items that amounted to 47$ and now I'm banned from the store and I'm getting a summons. I just turned 18 and the person taking care of the incident told me that if I had gone over 50$...

After Being Caught Shoplifting [ 4 Answers ]

Im 17 yrs old, and my sister is 12. We live in Queen Anne's County, which is located in Maryland. We were caught shoplifting in our local Kmart, and they had said that they saw me blocking my younger sister while she unwrapped everything and put it into her purse, it was true, and we admitted to it...

View more questions Search