Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdlord Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 02:23 AM
    1980s (I think) Cartoon Space Movie
    I remember having a VHS of this movie around 1988 and earlier. It was also my first exposure to piloting from a console (like Star Trek) instead of a joystick. It was a cartoon, do not remember if it was anime or not. The only parts I really remember was two huge space fleets facing off and you could see an energy shield protecting the whole front of each fleet, but didn't surround them, very 2d. The fleets never intermingled, but took turns firing at each other, first blowing gaps through the shield, then destroying individual ships. The other part I remember was thet the 'good guys' were in a desperate situation and somehoe the enemy fleet was sucked into some kind of vortex... :confused:
    peanut5blue Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 11:36 PM

Mite be "Space ghost"
    cdlord Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 10:17 AM
    It wasn't any of the well known (at least by me) cartoon shows of the time. It was a movie and it wasn't (as far as I know) from shows like Starblazers, Robotech, Battleship Yamato... Definitely a movie and not from any 1/2 hr cartoon show...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Space cartoon movie [ 10 Answers ]

As a kid, I saw a cartoon movie set in space. There is very little I remember about it but one thing I do know is I liked it very much and hoped I could catch it on TV again. It started with an upside down shot of two guys in some kind of a space vehicle. I think they were eating something. The...

80's cartoon movie set in space [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone remember a cartoon with these three guys in spaceships, and they would get out of the spaceships and ride on top of them, they had like laser swords. It was a full length cartoon movie. I believe it was originally a japanese cartoon. Please help it has been driving me nuts, it was one...

80's cartoon movie with bear in space [ 3 Answers ]

I can't remember the name of a movie I used to watch when I was a kid. There was a bear who would go to space and he wore a red spacesuit in space, he had a sidekick that I think was yellow colored. I can't remember much else though :( any thoughts? :confused:

Name this 1980s cartoon movie [ 1 Answers ]

It was around 1987, a little girl named allison lived on a farm with her parents and her cat winston. A group of ugly green aliens had stolen a magic orb from a peacful bunch of aliens called wobblies. The orb fell to earth and started killing off the crops. Allison met up with 4 of the wobblies, a...

View more questions Search