Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 12:14 PM
    1995 Dodge Dakota Sport
    I have a starting problem... after it sits for a while when you try to start it it will not start
    But if you try it then turn off the swich then try it again 2 times it will start.. once it starts it runs smooth no missing but after it sits you have to turn over the motor turn off switch a couple times then starts... any Ideas

Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2006, 12:21 PM
    Possibly a bad ignition switch--not the lock component. Wear, arcing, and heat can cause them to fail.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductL...arter%20Switch
    vain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 12:49 PM
    I was told by the guy I got it from that it needed a fuel pump but I am a old backyard I worked on pre 1973's I don't know nothing about the newer ones but I know that a fuel pump that is bad IS Bad it would cause it to miss or run rough but your answer sounds good
    I don't know it if helps but it has the 3.9L motor and has 97000 miles but what you said makes a lot of senses... Thnaks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Super Sport Radiator [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1996 Dodge Ram Truck 5.9 Liter that has been running hot the past couple of weeks. There was a couple of times that I thought that the engine was going to over heat but never did. Some brown liquid was coming out of the radiator but I could not tell from where. Is this a common problem...

89 Dodge Dakota [ 18 Answers ]

I have a dodge dakota when I turn the key nothing happens not one thing all fuses are good please help I ckecked all of the fuses under the hood and in the cab I died while driving it down the road

2000 Dodge Dakota [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota . The High beam lights work as well as the indicator also the daytime running/ fog lights work but I have no LOW BEAM lights. Anyone have an idea about the wiring diagram or relays. Thanks... Rick...

89 dodge dakota [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dakota 2.5 liter that is running very rough, it sounds like it is misfiring, I replaced the distributor and rotor, it is better but is still popping. Any advice would be very helpful.

View more questions Search