Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbmfish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2009, 05:31 PM
    Lost access to USB connected HDD
    I recently tried to use a portable USB HDD on my Vista computer and it stopped responding. I tried File Scavenger and the program reads the files. Is there another way to regain access to the drive?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2009, 11:36 AM

Have you unplugged the drive, restarted PC and then try to connect again?

What happens?

Is the drive seen in windows explorer?

Are there any yellow marks in device mgr.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an OS be recovered from an old HDD? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Folks My name is David and I would be grateful for any advice on offer. I am operating a Dell laptop with an OS of Windows 2000. I ceased using my desktop some time ago but recovered the hard drive from it before discarding. I have connected that HDD via a USB connection and can read...

Connected to wireless network. Can't access internet [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Dell laptop with Windows XP which is connected to a wireless network. Windows is currently managing my wireless connection, and tells me that I am connected to my network and the signal strength is excellent. I have always been able to use the internet perfectly on this laptop...

Connected with limited access [ 2 Answers ]

Getting connected with limited access please help

Access Files on a USB connected Hard Drive [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to access files on a Toshiba 60GB laptop hard drive that I removed from a laptop that has bitten the dust. I have connected it via a USB cable with a 2.5" hard drive enclosure. I can open up the drive via My Computer on the desktop I am using but the personal files(pictures,...

Connected computers can't access internet. [ 14 Answers ]

Had Netgear wgt 624 network with 3 computers working, but had to reinstall XP on the server and the connected computers stopped connecting. The server still connects through the router. Their connection wizards show a strong signal received from the router, but attempts to connect to the internet...

View more questions Search