Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melosus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 11:28 AM
    Robotics for Children
    My 8 year old son is very interested in building robots. I would love to get him into building them from scratch (I would help with soldering). NOT robot toys or kits.

Can anyone recommend a resource for basic robot building? All I find are robot toys or really complex technological stuff.

Thanks!
    bl7045 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Jan 6, 2007, 07:05 AM
    You could try lego mindstormers. It not as cool as building a robot from metal but it is a great intro into robotics. You can build cranes and cars and other thinks and it has sensor that detect sound, color and touch. Then you program it on the computer with the software that comes with the kit. Its not that cheesy though, I heard there is a battle bot league with the lego mindstormers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No children [ 12 Answers ]

My daughter is getting married in May. We wish to have no children under 5 at the wedding, although we don't care about the reception. How can we convey that appropriately?

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

Robotics project [ 1 Answers ]

Hellow, I want to participate in a robotics competition. What kind of projects I can consider? & also on what sites could I get the info? Please suggest something.

View more questions Search