Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2251 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 11:22 PM
    Jounal entries
    How do you journalize a payment made by a check e.g paid Dec rent with chack #12221 for $500? And a check received on account of $1000?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2009, 12:42 AM

Cash is a debit account, meaning increases are debits and decreases are credits. But the other side of that entry depends upon what you are paying or where you're receiving it from. In the case of rent, it's debited to rent expense, but checks are written for zillions of different things so they'll all be different entries.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Preparing adjusting entries and closing entries [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot find any examples about this question on my book or anywhere else Please help.~ The following list includes selected permanent account and all of the temporary accounts from the December 31, 2008, unadjusted trial balance of Emiko Co. a business owned by Kumi Emiko. Use these account...

Jounal entry for proposed dividend [ 1 Answers ]

What is the journal entry for proposed dividend ?

Jounal entry, t-accounts,and trial balance [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently taking accounting but I am lost... I have no idea what I'm doing and I have 2 problems which have to be turned in and I really need help... Problem 1: Rosa partridge started the creative frames shop in a small shopping center. In the first weeks of operation, the company...

Need to know if I have the right answer to a jounal entry to adjust the balance in Un [ 5 Answers ]

The answer I have is 2,000 debit, Rev: 2,000credit, Unearned Rev. The following info was given Unearned Rev 5,700 Rev 28,000 Balance in unearned rev 2,000

View more questions Search