Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tam1234 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 13, 2009, 11:01 PM
    I don't have motivation! (beauty school specifically)
    I am currently studying cosmetology. The subject is fun. I do enjoy it, and the people aren't bad, meaning classmates.

I know it may not sound nice, but the teachers grammar is so shot, it can be pretty embarrassing. She's not very smart, and I don't say it because of the way she speaks. Because I was always in very advance classes for everything, I can figure out a lot of the chemistry in perms and so on.

I have proved her wrong several times in class, and had the text book to back me. So, you can imagine she doesn't particularly like me, though she didn't before either.

I transferred from a school that was even worse. I wouldn't mind working in a salon, but for a school, that I'm paying for, I feel like it's not worth it anymore. I have to complete hours, so I have to make them up if I miss them. And I have missed so many days because I feel like it's not worth it. I miss almost two weeks straight, take the test, and get an A! I feel like I want to drop and take something else, or just stay home, but I do want to go to school. It might also have to do with the fact I don't really have any friends. I'm always by myself.

But then if I do miss days I feel really bad and embarrassed, so I end up taking more days off! I just don't want to be there, but I like the career.. Oh, and for the record, I have been there 7 months, and have 6 more to go. So I feel like this will NEVER end especially because I have to redo the days I missed later, prolonging the date!

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to solutions.
    2ndTime Posts: 191, Reputation: 12

Nov 13, 2009, 11:05 PM

I think you are bored because it's too easy for you. You've only got 7 more months to go. It's not like you are studying to become a doctor. Doctors go to school for 7-8years depend on their specialty. So don't quit and mark up the calendar evey time you go to school and in the end of the weeks you don't miss any class, treat yourself. It can be a cup of starbucks coffee, candy bar, or etc and doesn't always have to be expensive thing. This may help you to get motivated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grants for beauty school [ 26 Answers ]

Are there grants for people that want to go to beauty school but can't afford to?

Beauty School Countdown [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I know there are countdown tickers on myspace but is there one that counts down the hours that you have yet to complete for your beauty program? If not, that really would be a really awesome invention! Thank you.

FAFSA for beauty school Q's. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I began applying for a FAFSA grant for beauty school, and it got to the part that asked for the school code. Well, the school wasn't on the list. Does that mean that they don't accept FAFSA grants or that I can't get a grant for that school? Also, where can I find other...

Beauty School [ 6 Answers ]

So, I'm looking into beauty school. Has anyone ever heard of Magee Brothers Beauty School? I'm wondering if its just local, or if its something that's all over the place. Any other advice, tips, or anything else on the subject is greatly appreciated. I'm just getting started into my research.

Motivation for school studies and memorising better? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I go in my first year of high school but I just don't have any motivation to do my best that I can. How do I find that motivation? I have fantastic friends at my school and I'd love to pass my exams soon but I just can't find the motivation to study and how do I learn to focus and...

View more questions Search