Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2006, 10:09 AM
    Monitor problem after magnet got too close!
    One of my kids "swiped" over the screen of my monitor (crt) with a powerful magnet thinking that seeing all that wobbling of the stuff on the screen was funny.

Now there's a sort of a rainbow and a dark area burned into it. :eek:

Is this permanent? :(

Your answers will dictate how serious his punishment is...
    marcoawg Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Nov 8, 2006, 10:17 AM
    Ahh. I bet it was a neodynmium magnet.. see if your monitor has a de-gauss feature in its menu. This can neturalize the magnetic field.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/degauss.html
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2006, 10:19 AM
    Thanks. I'll try that when I get home.
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2006, 03:31 PM
    Thanks Marco. Degauss worked.

You should be able to hear my son's big sigh of relief... and mine too! :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

Monitor Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I Just Installed a new graphics card a geforce n6800, and now the background of my monitor is orange. Computer works fine, the only trouble is the orange tint to the screen. I noticed there were 3 pins missing from the monitor cord, there are only 12 pins in the cord should be 15. Could this cause...

Monitor problem [ 14 Answers ]

How do I correct the moitor screen image? The print/images are compressed to the left and right edges of the screen and extended to the centre of the screen. This occurred after a MS auto update or is this a co-incidence? Thanks in anticipation

Monitor Problem [ 6 Answers ]

The background of my monitor keeps changing colour. First it went yellow then blue. It's across all applications and is not the monitor as it has now reoccured on 2 different monitors.

View more questions Search