Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Nov 23, 2009, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmynn View Post
    what's the name of the actual website, b/c I can't get the link to work.

I think she may be talking about guesso

Search

However extreme caution has to be taken when using BC. It is steroid based and causes thinning of the skin and stretch marks for some and that's only some of the results that have happened. Please read through the info on this board before ordering.

Nov 23, 2009, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmynn View Post
    that's messed up! So, what color is it supposed to be? Mine was pure white. I think it was a FAKE!!
    Mine was white as well. I doubt you would get fake BC as it is already cheap and it is a large quantity. I believe it tends to be the more expensive products like makari, where it becomes worthwhile to sell knock-offs.
    jasmynn Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2009, 04:22 PM

I still have it. I used half the jar of cream and the lotion. It did absolutely nothing. I just use it for moisturizer now.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Nov 24, 2009, 08:08 AM
    I've read some of Guesso's products may not be authentic.

Nov 24, 2009, 10:02 AM

That would be really bad if it's true. That company has an extensive range and are clearly popular on the net. I know I have purchased from them before but they changed their policy several years ago and no longer sell to the UK. Well if it is fake products, I am glad I had to take my business else where.

Nov 24, 2009, 11:57 AM
    The thing with Guesso at the time when I saw them selling African Queen products is they had more products then the African Queen site themselves. Lol

Right now they are down to MJ white products but what they had on sell before was MJ yellow, mj pink and mj white and they had a bar of soap to match each of those creams, a pink bar of soap, a yellow bar of soap and a white bar of soap. They also had lotions, a Pink lotion, yellow lotion and white mj lotion.

I have never seen those products on the African Queen site. Now someone posted a pic of MJ white gel. I have yet to see the African Queen gel sold on the site. So where is guesso getting their Queen products I don't know... and I don't know if those products are the real deal.

Nov 24, 2009, 03:22 PM

nikkicute,

That was funny! More products than the manufacturer actally makes!! What is going on?

Nov 24, 2009, 10:37 PM
    I don't know what's going on. It just brings me back to hearing some of their products might be fake, I mean it wouldn't be hard for another company to duplicate the African Queen labels if they really wanted to, it's not a hard label to copy.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2009, 11:12 PM
    Yeah, that does that sound suspicious. More products than the maker themselves. Well, I have heard of Guesso many times, but have never purchased from them before.

Nov 25, 2009, 02:03 AM

That's where I purchased my BioClaire, so maybe it was fake. I'm glad it was cheap.
    divaforlyfe Posts: 39, Reputation: 7

Nov 25, 2009, 02:17 AM

As far as guesso is concerned I remember when I ordered something online and they were out, they called me and checked to see if I wanted to switch when I asked them when the next batch would be ready they told me that since my product was international they had problems with the customs or their overseas manufactor or something like that, I personally don't think that any product I have ordered from them is fake, I they are usaully good with customer service, and I recently ordered from them last week, when they sent my track number they reminded that I should go online and rate them, so they are always updating, I just say this to mean that I have never had a problem with guesso.

Nov 25, 2009, 02:04 PM

The only reason I think my because was not genuine is becaue most people who said it worked for them all complained of a very strong odor from the cream/lotion. These people all had lightening results, whether good or bad, they still had results. There were others who purchased their product from Guesso that said that like my cream it had no odor at all ( a slight fresh clean odor), but just like me, the product did absolutely nothing for them. So I don't know if bioclaire had some products that had no active ingredients or they weren't real bioclaire products.

Nov 25, 2009, 03:44 PM

I have obtained Bio Claire from several different outlets in the past and all of them had a fairly strong distinct odour.

Nov 25, 2009, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    I have obtained Bio Claire from several different outlets in the past and all of them had a fairly strong distinct odour.
    Exactly, that's why I think the one I bought was not genuine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

African queen beauty cream [ 10 Answers ]

my question to everyone is,have you ever used african queen beauty cream,preferrably the rita kind?what have been your results?? if possible can u include pics so i can see:)

View more questions Search