Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sn00kie Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 12:03 PM
    Sweet things to do with your Sweetheart?
    I'm hoping to get a nice list of things; you know you have some sort of idea; stuffed in the back of your mind. Let it out! :)
    Here's mine: Today me and my boyf are going to have a picnic in his bed, I'm bringing sparkling juice and cupcakes. :) We're having it there cause it's too flippin cold outside. <3
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Nov 13, 2009, 06:45 PM
    A silk rose on the bathroom counter. No reason, no mention, just leave it there for your sweetheart.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 07:01 PM

I'd like to think guys are simple humans. No need to throw him a parade or profess your love on a billboard.

Simply making him a sandwich when he's out in the garage would make him happy.

When it comes to guys, I like to keep it simple.

Sarah
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 13, 2009, 07:03 PM

The best date hubby and I ever had, when we were dating, was going to the comedy club and then dinner afterwards.

No, it wasn't really romantic, but romance is overrated, especially when it comes to men. ;)

We had a blast. We still talk about it.

Of course, hubby proposed by getting me mad, so what do you expect? ;)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2009, 08:51 PM

His favourite food cut into the shape of a heart...

I love a certain type of bread we have here and my partner always cuts into into hearts for me... it's sweet.

Even baking a pie and writing something cute on it is memorable.

Same partner mentioned above, I did a little picnic for him and made cupcakes and bought some icing pens and wrote/drew cute things on each cupcake.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    His favourite food cut into the shape of a heart...

I love a certain type of bread we have here and my partner always cuts into into hearts for me... it's sweet.

Even baking a pie and writing something cute on it is memorable.

Same partner mentioned above, I did a little picnic for him and made cupcakes and bought some icing pens and wrote/drew cute things on each cupcake.
    I love it shazzy!

• Greenie for you!

Sarah
    Pest Control Expert

Nov 14, 2009, 04:20 AM
    A few years back I decided the best gift I could give my wife for Christmas was to stop inflicting my nicotine addiction on her. She's allergic to cigarette smoke. I wrapped a box of the patches and put them under the tree. I did not mention my decision until she opened it.

It got my shoulder cried on, what can I say.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2009, 04:31 AM

Wrapping my warm body around his freezing cold body,when he gets in from work at 3am.

Hunting down an old recipe for nut and honey brown bread,cause he remembers his gran making it when he was a kid... and making it!

I have it bad,I know.
    Pest Control Expert

Nov 14, 2009, 05:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redhed35 View Post
    wrapping my warm body around his freezing cold body,when he gets in from work at 3am.

hunting down an old recipe for nut and honey brown bread,cause he remembers his gran making it when he was a kid.....and making it!!

i have it bad,i know.
    That's beautiful, Red.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2009, 05:21 AM
    I call my wife first thing in the morning while I'm at work, and she's getting the boys ready for school, just to tell her that I love her, and what I want to do with/to her when I get home.

I write her a nice message on the bathroom mirror, so it's the first thing she sees in the morning.

I go by the grocery store and pick up her favorite meal, and have it ready for her when she gets in from a trip.

She's a flight attendant. I slip a nice note in her bag, so she gets it when she on the other side of the world and knows how I feel on another continent.

A nice foot rub.

A nice back scratching.

A silly poem.

Use your mates name as your password, and tell them about it.

A nice pair of warm PJs.

There are thousands!
    Pest Control Expert

Nov 14, 2009, 05:40 AM
    Always ALWAYS ALWAYS make certain that "I love you" is the last thing you say when you walk out the door, even to get the mail.
    Pets Expert

Nov 14, 2009, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjoseph View Post
    I call my wife first thing in the morning while I'm at work, and she's getting the boys ready for school, just to tell her that I love her, and what I want to do with/to her when I get home.

I write her a nice message on the bathroom mirror, so it's the first thing she sees in the morning.

I go by the grocery store and pick up her favorite meal, and have it ready for her when she gets in from a trip.

She's a flight attendant. I slip a nice note in her bag, so she gets it when she on the other side of the world and knows how I feel on another continent.

A nice foot rub.

A nice back scratching.

A silly poem.

Use your mates name as your password, and tell them about it.

A nice pair of warm PJs.

There are thousands!
    You just made me melt.

Not the foot rub, or the back scratching, poem or any of that. The note on the bathroom mirror, that's the one that made me melt.

Back when we were dating hubby used to stop by my work just to put a little not on my car windshield. It was never long, just an "I love you" or "I miss you" things like that. I still have all of them.

It's been a while since I've gotten a note. :(
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2009, 07:26 PM

"I Lub ya Alty"

Now print that off and stick it on your mirror ;)
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2009, 08:04 PM

I made BF a blanket to keep him warm at night when I can't be there to keep him warm myself. I knew he was going to need it once it started getting colder. Also, I bought him a fishy before he went to college. :) He loves it. :)
    Pets Expert

Nov 14, 2009, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    "I Lub ya Alty"

Now print that off and stick it on your mirror ;)
    Right back at you Shazzykins. :)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 14, 2009, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Always ALWAYS ALWAYS make certain that "I love you" is the last thing you say when you walk out the door, even to get the mail.
    Nice Cats, we do the same. Marta says that if something were to happen to me and the last thing she said to me was "I love you" she would always remember and be happy.
    Business Expert

Nov 14, 2009, 09:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    You just made me melt.

Not the foot rub, or the back scratching, poem or any of that. The note on the bathroom mirror, that's the one that made me melt.

Back when we were dating hubby used to stop by my work just to put a little not on my car windshield. It was never long, just an "I love you" or "I miss you" things like that. I still have all of them.

It's been a while since I've gotten a note. :(
    I'll call and remind him.
    Business Expert

Nov 14, 2009, 10:04 PM

Marta does something that always makes me love her even more (if that is possible). Since we have been married, she has hand written little notes telling me that she loves me, or a note that is like a treasure hunt telling me where to go next and look for the final note or a little gift.

She hides them everywhere and anywhere in my sock drawer, hidden in my underwear on the shelf, in the coffee jar, under my covers in bed, on my workbench in the garage, etc.

Once last summer I found a note in the rolled up hoses to water the lawn. Once I found one Under a pile of papers on my desk, she told me that it was there for 3 months, tells you how many times I clean up my desk... hhhmmmmmm?

And she also will buy romantic cards and leave them on the table or on my desk too... those she puts on top of my paper piles... yeah so I don't miss them... Hey, I'm a guy... you know.

Stringer
    sergie Posts: 149, Reputation: 15
    -

Dec 6, 2009, 11:46 PM

Well well! Some romantic people here, quite romantic!!

Luckily I happen to go through this thread, at least I can practice on my wife, when I get back home! :)

So far I've been doing only one thing, I used to give her a 'A BIG Bear Hug' every time I used to come home from work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ray Noble's "Sweet Dreams Sweetheart" [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to find the Ray Noble version of "Sweet Dreams Sweetheart". Thanks to anyone who can help.

Childhood Sweetheart [ 1 Answers ]

I guess I have always thought of her. We'll call her "J" and I knew her for about two years as a kid. I left at age 11 when my stepfather went to the active army. When I left J was absolutley beside herself and I was totally heart broken. I never spoke to J again. I lived my life and went through...

Sweet sweet blues music [ 19 Answers ]

Does anyone know if Howling Wolf or John Lee Hooker are still alive and if they are, are they still playing

My elementary school sweetheart [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, So my elementary school sweetheart pops back into my life about every 5 years. When we were kids we had a crush on each other but we did the usual kid things, he picked on me and I was mean in return. Both of our mothers are close friends so over the years of us not seeing each other and dating...

View more questions Search