Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shelley7180 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Nov 8, 2006, 09:57 AM
    Replacing a shower/tub faucet
    How difficult is it to replace a 1-handled shower/tub faucet with a 3-handled faucet? Do I have to make new holes in the tile? What about doing the same with a sink?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 8, 2006, 01:23 PM
    Hey Shelly,

"How difficult is it to replace a 1-handled shower/tub faucet with a 3-handled faucet? Do I have to make new holes in the tile?"
    I don't know why you would want to but click on , http://www.plumbingsupply.com/escutch.html
    And scroll to the bottom of the page and find three hole escutcheon plates, (see image). There are 6 to choose from both in chrome and polished brass.
    However, This all depends on how large to opening the old valve left You may have tile replacement and holes to drill.

"What about doing the same with a sink?"
    Kitchen or bathroom?
    Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Barrel Trap from Tub/Shower [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm in a pickle and am not sure what to do. I've got a drum trap that began leaking at a solder joint to it. I've looked around for a replacement, but they're hard to find. I want to replace it with a typical P trap, but I have a question about how to go about it. The existing picture...

Replacing Shower With Tub [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All, I am a newbie here, apologies in advance if I have nt provided enough details. I am interested in replacing my shower with a bathtub. My home is a little over a year old and I wiuld like to install a tub, preferably a round tub with jets. Can anyone tell me or direct me to...

Replacing tub with a shower pan [ 1 Answers ]

I am thinking about replacing a tub with a shower pan. Can I get a right drain shower pan and connect to the existing 1.5 inch ABS drain pipe? If so is there a kit available? How does the pan drain connect to the existing drain line? Or is it a matter of going from 3 inch to 2 inch to 1.5 inch? Are...

No hot water in shower after replacing faucet [ 1 Answers ]

We just replaced the faucet for the shower in our bathroom (no tub, only shower). Water turns on & off fine & the pressure is good. However, when we turn the knob to the left (hot), we do not get hot water after this replacement. As we only replaced the faucet, we can't figure out why. Any...

Replacing sunken tub with shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have removed a sunken tub from a rancher built on a slab. There is a 6 inch well which allowed the sunken tub. I am putting in a barrier free prefab shower base. The shower base will take up the same area as the old tub, but the special purchase shower base has the drain in the centre...

View more questions Search