Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheshire09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 09:58 AM
    Setting up my own care agency
    Hi,

I am looking to set up a care agency to care for clients in their own homes.

I already know the clients as they are family friends and would like to create a business so I can do this properly

What do I need to do to make it 100% legal.

I already have experience and qualifications as a carer and I would be the only carer that works for the company

What do I need to do?

I know I need to set up a business bank account

But that is all I know. I am looking to do this as soon as possible

Any help would be great

Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 13, 2009, 10:27 AM

Hi cheshire, there isn't much to consider if you are going in homes doing homecare, but a little more then just setting up a business account.You don't say what kind of training you have had, just that you are a qualified carer. You must have access to an on call doctor for emergencies for one thing, documented medical information for each client you will be caring for in a care plan that you can up date on daily basis. If the clients you are caring for have limited range of motion, are in wheelchairs, bedridden and at times need to have personal care other then sponge baths, then you need access to a second person to assist in moving people safely.

What qualifications do you have exactly, cert. PSW, Nurse Aid or RN?

Edit: Website you should access for United Kingdom Homecare Association

www.ukhca.co.uk

Tick
    lolade70 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 10:32 AM
    We already have a registered coy and a business account,what again is needed to make us qualify to operate a care agency, we both have nvq2 and 3 respectively. Lola
    tracyweston2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2012, 08:15 AM
    I am a carer, in the community and would like to start my own business, I need to know how to go about this the right way, to work from home, I know I need a businesss acount, but what else do I need to do
    tracyweston2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2012, 08:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tracyweston2 View Post
    i am a carer, in the community and would like to start my own business, i need to know how to go about this the right way, to work from home, i know i need a businesss acount, but what else do i need to do
    how do I go about things in the right way
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 13, 2012, 08:48 AM
    Tracy, answers will be better if you start your own post under the same heading. Posting within another thread will not get you the answers you need, plus please state the country you are in, that makes a difference as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need a licence for setting up a care agency? How to go about it? [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need a licence for setting up a carerer agency and how to go about it?

Setting up a care agency [ 1 Answers ]

I would like any information that anyone could give me regarding setting up a care agency,this would be personal care, some help with domestic work, shoping etc, We would not be looking to provide nursing care although I am a Registerd Mental Nurse, Also could anyone tell me if my Registration is...

Setting up care agency [ 1 Answers ]

How do I set up a care agency from home in the uk?

Setting up care worker or support worker agency [ 5 Answers ]

I will like to know the requirements for setting up care worker or support worker agency. Thanks

Setting up a Nursing/home care agency in the UK [ 1 Answers ]

How do I set up a Nursing/home care agency in the UK? Which institutions do I ge to for assistance

View more questions Search