Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Acorvid Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 06:23 AM
    Best wireless router/adapter combo for streaming netflix
    Hey. I have an lg 370 blu-ray player that will accept an internet stream from Netflix. My computer is in one room, TV in another. What's the best wireless setup to make sure movies stream smoothly to the TV?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2009, 06:58 AM

The technology is the important thing. Not the brand. Wireless "N" routers are becoming generally available. Those have the fastest potential connection. Wireless "G" routers are limited to 54 Megabits per second -- the actual connection speed depends on the signal strength, etc. This is even true with Wireless N routers. Since most Internet services provide less than 20 MBPS, either wireless N or wireless G should be adequate.

The most important consideration is, in fact, the speed of your Internet Connection. This is almost always the limiting factor. If your ISP provides 2 megabits per second, even the fastest wireless router won't be able to supply the movie to the TV in real time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect Pantech UM175 wireless broadband modem to Belkin Wireless G router [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Pantech UM 175 wireless broadband modem from Millenicom and I am able to hook it up to a laptop running Vista, a laptop running XP, and a PC running XP individually. However, I would like to have it where I can create a network so that any or all of the computers can access the internet...

Connect to wireless printer and wireless router at the same time [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I can connect wirelessly to my router and I can connect wirelessly to my pinter one at a time. If I'm browsing the internet and want to print I have to break my connection to the router and connect to the printer. This is a pain in the .(especially when listening to pandora radio) ...

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

Usb wireless adapter [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to set up wireless usb adapter for desktop, windows 98 se Belkin adapter... just got off from customer service they gave up and said must be problem with computer?? Router (belkin) works fine with laptop, and when I hardwire same desktop computer it works fine, signal is very strong...

Wireless Router & Adapter [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Sony VAIO laptop with an Intel PRO wireless 2200BG connector networked using a Linksys Wireless G Broadband router with Speed Booster. My Windows XP software tells me my connection speed is 54 Mbps but I don't enjoy that speed. Linksys says I won't get maximum speed and range if I don't...

View more questions Search