Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roxyanne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 06:13 AM
    My dogs is 67 days pregnant
    My mini dauschand is 67 days pregnant, she's so tiny. How long is too long? I know she conceived on Sept 7. 09. She acted pregnant this whole time. The breeder says she'll probably have 2 to 3 pups. I'm worried about the length of time, she's already gone. She's had shivers the past day or so, she's hungry at times, and other times I''m hand feeding her. If we're not walking, she's in her welping box asleep. Help!
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Nov 13, 2009, 07:58 AM

Well, I know dogs generally go for about 63 days. If I were you I would call the vet and just ask them. Their experts you know. I'm sure you don't want to take any chances.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2009, 07:59 AM

You need to get her to the vet immediately.

They will either induce her with a shot of oxytocin or do a c-section.

What do you mean by breeder?
    It is unheard of for a responsible breeder to leave their b*tch with someone who does not know about whelping puppies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

When are the best days for me to get pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I get my period every 19 to 20 days and I can't find when my most firtile days are.

Pregnant dogs [ 7 Answers ]

I have a male and female daschund, she was in heat the last two weeks of July and into August. Her nipples and glands bigger. How can I tell about when she is due to have her puppies? I'm not sure when they mated for sure cause they are together all day long in the same space.

My dogs head started like twitching back and forth 2 days ago and still does it. [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is about 16months old and 2 days ago she was laying on the ground and her head would start shaking back and forth and then stop and then start. Could this be series I've taken her to the vet so many times already because she's had skin problems. Could she be getting to many vitamins or not...

Am I pregnant after 7 days? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my Fiancé had sex a week ago, and the condom split! Ive been on the pill from last year feb! I was suppose to start my periods yesterday, and I haven't! Am I Pregnant? Can I get a pregnancy test just after a week?? Please help!

What signs do you look for in pregnant dogs? [ 1 Answers ]

We think our dog is pregnant. We took her to the vet but they felt it was too early to tell. We tried to breed her before but she didn't take. She showed all the signs before and the vet called it a "false pregnancy". This time, she is getting much bigger and her nipple are getting milk sacs. ...

View more questions Search