Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    achuroy Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2009, 03:07 AM
    When to make love?
    Hi,

I delivered a baby and its just 30 days... When can I make love with my hubby? I heard from my friend that she made love with her hausband within couple of weeks after her delivery will that be good or will she be facing any problem in her body?when is the correct weeks to make love?she had a normal delivery but I underwent C-Section...
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Nov 13, 2009, 07:45 AM
    First, what does your doctor say? He/she would be the best to ask from a purely health and recovery related point of view. You don't want to take a chance of causing recovery issues especially with a C-section.

After that, it is up to you and your mate. Each couple has to decide on what works for their situation.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 13, 2009, 07:46 AM
    It will be a minimum of 6 weeks before you can engage in intercourse again.
    bronzebabe Posts: 333, Reputation: 62

Nov 13, 2009, 02:28 PM
    Didn't your doctor say 6 weeks at least? If he didn't, then it is a minimum of 6 weeks. Plus, DO use birth control- you Can easily get pregnant.
    karma Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Nov 15, 2009, 11:48 PM
    I was told 6 weeks after my first pregnancy, but I had sex a month after I gave birth through c-section. It is up to how your body feels, and if you take it slow you should be fine. And definitely use protection or some kind of birth control. Your body is used to being pregnant and you will get pregnant very easily.
    heartshinegirl Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Nov 15, 2009, 11:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by achuroy View Post
    Hi,

I delivered a baby and its just 30 days.....When can I make love with my hubby? I heard from my friend that she made love with her hausband within couple of weeks after her delivery will that be good or will she be facing any problem in her body?when is the correct weeks to make love?she had a normal delivery but i underwent C-Section....

I never had a C-section... so,.

Here's a site to help you with your question:

Sex After a C Section
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2009, 09:27 AM
    Please follow the correct medical advice give already... consult your doctor.

Doing what you want just because you feel better isn't a particularly good idea. Certainly not what any med professional will tell you when you've had surgery.

I know of a person who damn near died within two weeks after her delivery because she did what she wanted to do or felt ready to do and didn't listen to the proper medical advice. Extreme case, I know, but it is pretty extreme when a person needs a few pints of blood to keep them alive.

Personally, I'd prefer to err on the side of overly cautious.

And I'm a guy. Patiently waiting for sex isn't exactly my strong suit. ;)

When in doubt, talk to the people who are the professional stewards of your health. The six week checkup is pretty standard.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 16, 2009, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by karma View Post
    It is up to how your body feels, and if you take it slow you should be fine.
    Wrong, Wrong, WRONG... it is NOT up to how your body "feels." Your body may feel fine, but a C-Section is major abdominal surgery. It's not a cake walk. The body needs time to heal and 6 weeks is a short amount of time to wait to ensure a healthy recovery.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2009, 10:38 AM
    Having had major surgery on a limb... 30 days was not nearly enough time... and abdominal surgery you would be a fool to make assumptions without consulting with your physician who was familiar with the exact nature of your specific case and not just the general procedure.

People heal at different rates. This is one of those times you don't want to jump the gun. If you absolutely must... then give him oral until you are given the all clear by your Doctor. Better safe than sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How could I make him love me again? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I am in a big trouble .we have been like 3 years in a romantic frienship.he loves me so much for like 2 years and the last year I began to feel that he doesn't love me anymore but he say that he loves me.in the last year I left him while he wants me very much,I felt bored and I left him like 1...

Ways on make me want to make love more [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 28 years old, married, and has three beautiful girls. I've had six surgeries and my sexual arousal has change completely and I know it's effecting my husband. He say he understand, but deep inside, I know it's bothering him because the times we can't make love he will masturbate and that makes...

How to make him love me again [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get him to fall back in love like he used to?

How do I make my man love me the way he use to? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years maybe a little more. Now I have screwed up more then once (cheated on him) and if I were him I would have left me and never looked back. We have a baby together and he is just like a father to my other daughter. He always talked about us...

View more questions Search