Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellstolls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 08:29 AM
    Bladder
    I was wondering why I have a strong odor of urine. Im only 35 and I do the sanitary things to make sure I don't have the odor but its still there.I bathe twice daily. What's going on?
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Nov 8, 2006, 09:37 AM
    This could be from a variety of conditions - you may possibly be leaking urine during the day - possibly very small amounts that you might not even notice. Are you female and have you had children through vaginal deliveries - for bladder control problems are seen more commonly in these circumstances. If the odor is detected mainly in your underwear, it is likely from leakage. In some females, urine can be trapped in the vagina after urination and lead to a strong smell. Another possible cause would be a bladder infection. Do you have any pain or discomfort with urination?

Some things we eat, like asparagus, can cause a strong smelling urine. Some severe kidney diseases can result in uremia which can cause a urine smell from the body or the breath. You need to have this evaluated by your doctor to determine the cause.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bladder discomfort relieved by orgasm? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I have this quite embarrassing problem, but I'm feeling brave today so I'll ask about it. :o Not every night, but frequently, I have the urge to pee, and have to get up and pee several times within an hour or so. Not much pee comes out however, sometimes just a dribble and sometimes...

2nd bladder booster [ 3 Answers ]

I have a well,softener, and bladder tank 200 ft from the upstairs of my house. I have been told I can put another bladder tank in the house and it will boost myn pressure back up to the 65 psi at the well. Can't find any info to back this up. Thanks RJ

8 mo. Beagle mix and bladder control problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have and 8mo. Beagle mix. I got her from adopt-a-pet when she was about 6mo. She has been up and down with the potty training, but pretty much gets it as long as I keep her on her sched. I am going to try training to go to the door when she has to go out. She is a smart dog and picks things up...

Mini Daschund Bladder Problems [ 2 Answers ]

My year old mini daschund has been holding his urine for long periods. When he does go he goes a lot. Sometimes he will start walking away while he is still peeing. He is also peeing unexpectedly when he never used too. Any suggestions?+

Bladder Stones [ 4 Answers ]

My Miniature Schnauzer has a bladder stone and is awaiting surgery (I have a popular vet with a tight schedule). I have been unable to reach him today and need to know if there is anything I can give her for pain from the spasms. She weighs 25 pounds. (I KNOW! She likes to eat!) If there is...

View more questions Search