Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MJackson1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Do spreadsheets talk?
    What are the steps that a spreadsheet uses to communicate with other spreadsheets?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Nov 12, 2009, 05:56 PM

Spreadsheets communicate with each other:

1) With formulaic links to specific workbooks, specific sheets, and specific cells.

Links can simply be directly reflecting a value from one cell in one workbook into the current cell, or many Excel functions can be applied to the values of cells in other workbooks to bring completely different results into the current workbook.

2) With VBA programming

Macros can be used to open other workbooks, collect or create data, and place the data into the current workbook (or multiple workbooks) without the need for realtime formulas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Linking two spreadsheets in Sharepoint [ 2 Answers ]

We have two spreadsheets in Sharepoint. They are maintained by two different people. We would like to incorporate the second spreadsheet as a worksheet in the first spreadsheet and link to the second spreadsheet. THe goal is to make sure that the changes in the second worksheet/spreadsheet to...

Copying spreadsheets onto a floppy [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to copy some excel spreadsheets onto a floppy disk. It keeps telling me to format the disk even though the disks I bought are formatted already. I go into the file I want and hit copy and it just comes up with must format disk, so I try that and then it comes up disk cannot be...

Linking Excel Spreadsheets [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi There ANyone know how I can link excel spreadsheets to each other?:confused:

View more questions Search