Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xindus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2009, 01:09 PM
    Transfer of ownership of the house
    6 of us partners bought 3 houses under an umbrella LLC. Now, that 2 of us want to split from the company. We are going to get a house. Do we just need a title transfer or do we have to go through all the closing costs?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 12, 2009, 01:12 PM
    You can just do a transfer from the LLC to the individuals who will own the house. The only closing costs should be the cost of recording the deed and any transfer taxes that your state requires. However if you ever plan on financing the house in the future you're going to need a title insurance policy. If the LLC purchased title insurance at the time the house was purchased than you can just get a copy of the policy. If title insurance was never purchased then I strongly recommend that you purchase a policy before taking individual title.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transfer a deed to joint ownership [ 1 Answers ]

I own and live in a house in pa. I wish to transfer the deed to include the name of my domestic partner. There is no mortgage, I wish to file a quickclaim deed with tenancy in entirety. I have researched the tax implications at filiing. Do I need to have a lawyer to do this? Thank you

Transfer of House ownership [ 2 Answers ]

How do I transfer ownership of house in Quebec

Home transfer of ownership in Quebec [ 2 Answers ]

My parents have decided they no longer want the responsibility of home ownership and would like me to take this over. The home is a duplex, with no mortgage. My parents live in the upper apartment and my family and I have lived in the lower apartment for the past 14 years. What is the best way...

Transfer of ownership - result of a death [ 1 Answers ]

I have become the executor of my Father's estate following his death (12-06-2006). Within his living trust he passed on the ownership of his apartment building to me (1/3)and his wife (2/3). The property still has a mortgage. I will use a title company to conduct the proper filing with the...

Transfer of Ownership [ 1 Answers ]

My mother recently became unable to care for her home. She refinanced it and asked me to move in. She is now living with my sister. I am paying the loan even though it's in her name. She has asked me to get information about transferring the ownership. She would like the house to be in...

View more questions Search