Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rose7642 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2009, 04:26 AM
    Can a step Mother adopt her husband child?
    Am Married for 10 Years, My Husband and I Could have children of our own, so he travel to another country where he get a lady pregnant. Which he want me to race the baby.

My question to you is,

Is it posible for me to travel to another country and bring my husband baby back in my country and race her? The baby she is only 6months.

Ai live in South Africa and my Hsband work In west Africa, we only see each other three times in year.

Please I need advise on what procedure to take.

Can I travel to West Africa and bring my step daughter with me home? Or is there any document I will need?

Urgent Advise please
    Rose7642 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2009, 04:29 AM

Can I travel to another country to bring my step daughter in my country?
    Am from South Africa and my husbad has a baby in West Africa, Can you help me what procedure must I take please.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 05:36 AM

I believe you would need the mother to sign over her rights as a parent.You can not do this without some form of legal representation.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 12, 2009, 07:06 AM

I'm not sure what the laws are in South Africa or West Africa regarding adoption--but you DO realize that you would be taking someone else's baby from her, don't you? That if you do not do this with her consent, you are in effect stealing a baby?

You need to consult with an attorney to find out what the adoption laws and requirements are in both your country and hers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband trying to adopt step daughter [ 4 Answers ]

I've been married now for three years and want to know how I can adopt my step daughter , considering the bio father has not made contact in four years nor has contributed a dime.How do I go about this process?

Can step mother get child support issued from biological mother of step children? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband doesn't want to go after his ex for child support. Can I go after her as the step parent who has been caring for the children for almost five years? The biological mother hasn't seen or talked to the children for about four years now.

Step parent adopt child when he is married to mother with full custody [ 1 Answers ]

I have full custody of my daughter. Her father barely calls her when he does it's about once a month and he tells her jokes. She is 6 will be 7 in April. He does pay child support. He is active duty in the Army stationed in Germany I don't know where he is exactly because he remarried and moved...

My step sons mother wants to relinquish her rights so I can adopt him [ 4 Answers ]

I know this question has been asked a lot, but I have kind of a different spin on it. My husband has full custody of his son(my step son) His ex wants to sign over her rights so I can adopt him. My question is this, who is responsible for hiring the attorney to do this and also is this going to be...

Husband wants to adopt step-son [ 6 Answers ]

My son is 5 years old and his biological father is in jail and has been since I was 6 months pregnant. My new husband came into our lives when he was 10 months old and has since been his only father. Well after many years of discussing it we have decided for him to adopt him and my son legally be...

View more questions Search