Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scottyboy123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 04:17 PM
    Girlfriend texting other guy
    Hey I've been with my girlfriend for over 3 years I completely love her,she says she loves me and I'm seriously considering proposing to her in the near future. She just got back from her holidays and she's been texting this guy that she met over there. They text each other all day, The other day she left her phone and he text her asking if she'd like to talk and asking her out for a date. I had a look at her sent messages and he'd asked her before and she replied with something along the lines of "Im not single and im not that unhappy, i didnt want to say anything to you cause i thought you wouldnt speak to me again" The part that really bothered me was the I'm not that unhappy part. Im not sire what to make of it? Any advice?

Thanks
    Paul
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2009, 04:20 PM

Have you considered just talking to her about this?

She's the best person to have an explanation... if your thinking about asking her to marry you,you should be able to talk to her.
    Silver Lining Posts: 374, Reputation: 36
    -

Nov 12, 2009, 01:27 AM

Readhead is absolutely rite,, talk to her about it.
    2ndTime Posts: 191, Reputation: 12

Nov 12, 2009, 01:37 AM

Communicate with your girlfriend that you don't want to invade her privacy, but happened to notice what was in her texting. You are not angry, but you can use some explanation because you are seriously considering spending rest of your life together with her and you believe that love is based on honesty and nothing should be hid from each other. If she overreacts, this may not be a good sign. If she comes out and flat out tells you that it's nothing, then let her know that she needs to end the texting relationship not because you don't trust her, but you don't trust the guy who texts her. Tell her you love her and communicate to her what if she were in your shoes. Would she be reacting the same way as you are? There is a saying that says there's no tree standing tall if you hit it 100 times. If the guy tempts your girlfriend persistently, soon or a later she'll take the bate even though she loves you. I don't want to be harsh, but you need to nip it in the bud.
    pfanatic Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Nov 12, 2009, 06:42 AM
    I was in the same situation as your girlfriend more than once. If your girlfriend is pretty she'll attract other men but if you trust and love her, don't worry about that. If she respects and loves you, she'll soon find a way to resolve this situation.

Let me tell you how it made me feel. I had a boyfriend but I met a guy friend whom I think about even today because he was a great person and a friend. I didn't want to hurt my boyfriend because that friend fell in love with me, but I didn't want to hurt my friend neighter. But the limit was crossed.

At the end, all three of us ended up with hurt feelings. Boyfriend, of course, like you, I understand; friend for being rejected and losing me completely (I've decided to do that out of respect towards my partner, and to spare him more hurt as I wasn't in love with my friend); and me (I've lost a friend, and I hurt both of them unattentionaly). I didn't know what else to do.

Give her time and trust her. Talk with her with patience. Don't argue. This is very hard for her too. If she cheats, you'll better of without her sooner than later. Look into your relationship and I'm sure you'll find what parts are making her unhappy as she's seeking attention from the other NEW guy, even as a friend, it's a sign she needs to confide in another male. So listen to her well, and I wish you all the luck! (as I stayed with my bf).
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 12:01 PM
    I would be more put off by the "but I didn't want to tell you 'cause I thought you wouldn't speak to me again". She obviously wants him around for some reason.

Secondly, if you did something just like this and your girlfriend found out, do you think she's be cool with it? Probably not.

Any responsible adult should know that if you're in a relationship, texting/calling someone other than the person you're dating all day long just ain't right. When you do it anyway, it means you don't care.

You can force yourself to trust her or trust your gut.
    itried Posts: 249, Reputation: 108

Dec 1, 2009, 08:37 PM

What you need to understand is that your girl is just using you to fill the gap between her life and "happiness". As it probably stands, your current relationship is just a setback, a speedbump on the way to this magical place she has more than likely created in her head.

She met this dude while out of town or overseas or whatever and he's probably the closest thing to Prince Charming she has come across, but the problem is that he isn't physically there. If he was, you can bet she would start throwing you some bullcrap lines about how the two of you need space and blah blah blah.

She has totally revealed her character and it's up to you to tell her you're wise to it. You're totally being played at the moment and even if she doesn't end up with this guy, you can be 1000% positive that her eyes are now a little more open to options that are a little bit nearer.

This is actually the best thing that has ever happened to you. Why? Because you just got to find out if the woman you're with really loves you! And guess what: SHE DOESN'T!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I like this guy but I don't thinkikes me at all [ 9 Answers ]

There is the guy at he college I go to and we get the same train. I think he is really cute, but I don't evenno his name and I'm really shy wiv guys. He also lives around the corner from me. One of my mates says he checked me ou once when he was walking towards us but I don't think was really. I...

250 texting [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I got me a cell phone yaya! :D But anyway I get 250 texts a month, and I got the phone may 23, 2009... -k- so when would my texting start over June 1st or June 23rd or when would it I need to know asap! Thanks!

Me and my girlfriend of 3 years ended are relationship now she's texting me [ 2 Answers ]

Hi well I was with my girlf for 3yrz I was 17 and she was 15.. Iam now 20 going on 21 and she turned 19.. She works away I when we split up before for abit we just enjoyed are selfs going out drinking an partyin as we were over 18years old when then did get back together but while me split we did...

Texting ma ex [ 11 Answers ]

Do you guys think that it is weird that I can't stop contacting my ex after freaking 8 months. I will go up to two weeks without talking to her and then I'll send her a text message or something. I still think about her a good bit but I never call her. Usually if I write her I will immediately...

View more questions Search